16

S I X T E E N

H a e s o o ' s

·

"Here," Yeonjun said, a hand in front of me holding a plastic bag with four or five cups of bubble tea. He stood there by the gate for a few more seconds, waiting for me to respond.

I was staring at him because I was suddenly starstruck. He's freaking handsome. He's wearing a hoodie and I don't know what to do with him.

And he's teaching me math. In my room. IN MY ROOM.

"Two for you, two for me. Fair, right?" He said before he smiled. I took it as I leaned back to signal him to enter the gate. I just couldn't speak.

After that, we went immediately inside our house. My mom's baking a cake so I assumed her eyes would come across us when we walk to my room. I don't care.

Yeonjun followed my lead. We walked to the path and entered the house door, quietly. He removed his shoes and left it when he followed me to the living room.

After some moments, I knew my mom would blurt out something. "Haesoo, is that your gay friend Ricardo or not?" I heard her voice, loud and clear.

I rolled my eyes. I don't even know who Ricardo is. "No, he's a cis friend named Yeonjun. He's going to tutor me in math for free."

"Hello, ma'am," Yeonjun turned to my mom and bowed—my mom did the same and they smiled on each other like some idiots. "Would you like some bubble tea?"

"Don't mind me. Stay hydrated while doing math," she responded before walking with the chocolate cake on top of her hand. I held Yeonjun's arms and walked to my room. "Haesoo-yah, help mom out for a bit before heading back to your room."

"Coming!" I nervously yelled back, knees almost shaking. My mom is damn scary. I'm guessing she would give me a scolding and a lesson on martial arts or how to refrain from kissing a handsome person.

I dragged Yeonjun inside my room first before heading out again. "I'll be back, as soon as possible. Stay here and give me a few minutes, okay?" I smiled at Yeonjun in the most awkward way possible.

When I got to where my mom is, she's already looking like she wants to exclaim stuff. "Math?"

"Yes."

"If your dad finds out you're bringing another boy inside your room, with you alone, he will slaughter both of us."

"Calm down, mom, he's not like that. Besides, you both allowed me to be in a relationship."

"What do you intend to imply? Are you going to date that guy?"

"Mom, who knows?" I shrugged my shoulders and pouted. "He's cute."

"Fine. Math it is for today. If you want to date, do it outside," she glares at me for a second before she smirked and turned her back. She placed the cake inside the fridge—her final product that looks as if it just came out from the oven.

I laughed before I slowly walked away. "I think he likes chocolate cakes. And we don't need any drink."

"I'll bring it later, finish your damn assignment first sweetie."

I rolled my eyes and quickly entered my room. It's hard to have an extremely strict dad, and a quite strict yet spoiling mom.