24

T W E N T Y   F O U R

H a e s o o ' s

·

"You're fine with donuts?"

"Heck, yes! I love donuts," I responded to Soobin's question as he made an order for coffees and donuts. He told me it's his treat so I guess it's gonna be mine the next time. Well, if we'd go out like this again next time.

"I like donuts too. But I hate it when it doesn't have a filling. Fillings over toppings, anytime," he said, making us both laugh. I've never seen him like this before. I feel like he's lowering the veil and showing how much character he has.

He's adorable. I thought he was the cold and quiet type, but I guess I'm wrong.

Soobin and I talked about so many stuff that I've forgotten about liking him before. Looking at how carefree he is, I think I want him more as a friend. "And there was this one time when Ningning plucked a hair from Taehyun's nose as the punishment for not doing the dare. He was legitimately sobbing, and I can't forget how funny he looked."

"That must've hurt a lot!" I replied, laughing, ignoring the fact that both our plates were empty and my cup's only a half filled. By listening to Soobin, I felt like I'm starting to know more about his friends. Yeonjun never told me about their friendship the way Soobin did. Maybe that's where they differ.

Yeonjun's guard is always up. He kisses me and tells me random jokes, but I know how he never let his guard down with me or with anyone.

"By the way," Soobin spoke, interrupting my thoughts on Yeonjun. "How did... I mean if you don't mind me asking, how did you know Yeonjun?" He continued on with a question.

I narrowed my eyes, a bit confused. "Well, I'm sure you know. He told you about us, did he?"

"Us?" Soobin looked into my eyes. "I'm sure you guys are good friends. You must've known him for a while."

By the looks of it, I realized that Soobin had no idea. Wait, did Yeonjun told nobody about our situation? Not even his closest friends?

Why wouldn't he? My friends knew about our situation, and that he's my personal errand boy while I'd be pretending to be his girlfriend. Was he planning to keep it a secret from his friends?

Now I feel guilty on telling my friends about it. It was supposed to be a secret. But I had my reasons; my friends would kill me if they hear about me dating Yeonjun from school gossip. It is bound to happen, and I'm sure the show we are putting on will get to Yeonjun's friends as a surprising news very soon, once Yeonjun's fans tell everyone.

Soobin seems worried about it—and I could tell from his actions. I think he's having suspicions, but I don't want to tell him before Yeonjun. After all, they are Yeonjun's friends and I am in no position to meddle with Yeonjun's business.

I faked a laugh before I answered Soobin. "Well, actually I met Yeonjun because he reached out to me, saying that he saw the dance covers I did with my group and he wanted to do a collab. Coincidentally, he said we're from the same school. Crazy, right?" I stated, grabbing my cup and chugging down the remaining coffee I had to avoid Soobin's eyes.

Hopefully he believes me. Whatever I said must be so random to even be a real story. Ugh, I'm an idiot.

"So you do dance covers?"

I placed down the empty cup to immediately respond to him. "Yup. I'm in a cover group. Zenturie Studio, you can search it up on YouTube." I tried my best to alter the tension and change the topic. I have to remove Yeonjun from the scene. "I used to think our 50k sub count is a big deal, until I saw your channel. You guys are big, and I'm completely blown away!"

"50 thousand is a great number! Haesoo, that's amazing. Honestly, I'd be glad if we can actually do a collab some time. If there's a chance, are you up for it?" Soobin placed his chin to his right hand. "Dance with me, Haesoo."

I don't know why, but upon hearing his voice asking me for a dance, I started to feel the butterflies. It's like Choi Soobin was asking me for a dance—imaginably for a prom night. Although I know he was talking about modern, hip-hop dances, or even K-Pop covers.

"Of course," I retorted, flashing a smile. "I'd love to dance with you." I saw how he sent back an immediate radiating smile, before a thought ran unexpectedly in my mind. I'd love to dance with you, Choi...

Choi Yeonjun.