20

T W E N T Y

H a e s o o ' s

·

"Where are we going?" Yeonjun asked me in utter confusion. His enthusiasm was audible that I became certain of his smile while asking that question.

Silly boy.

I continued walking up the stairs as I grabbed his wrist up along with me. "To the rooftop."

"I know," he immediately replied. "But why? What is this about—earlier, what was that about, Haesoo?"

"I... can explain." I breathed out as I stopped by the door that leads to the top of this building. I looked back slowly at Yeonjun, only to see him panting from the long walk up to this area I chose.

I'm dumb, am I? Why did I only think of this rooftop for a private place to talk when we can just run somewhere without any crowd?

Well... He will always draw the crowd, so I guess this rooftop will do. I have no choice. This must be the most convenient option.

We went out to the rooftop and sat on the floor, sharing a single bottle of water I bought before we ran up here. "So... What were you saying, Haesoo?"

I turned to Yeonjun, who looks genuinely confused on the situation. I couldn't do anything immediate than to sigh. "T-that... thing earlier," I began, uncontrollably stuttering from the shame I can feel running through my veins.

"You mean, the kiss?"

"Yes. I kissed you because of your crazy fangirls and nothing more. I did it for you so they won't doubt our cover. Besides, you kissed me inside the mall without my permission so I guess you can't call it unfair. At least I did it to aid us both. I needed a way out from the situation with those weird girls." I bursted out an explanation I couldn't control, without skipping a second to take some air in.

I was nervous.

Yeonjun did not respond to what I said aside from the surprised look on his face. He took a deep breath before he looked down and spoke. "I... I'm sorry. Did they do anything to you?"

"I'm completely flawless and secure," I answered. "Because we're here now... I'm not afraid."

"Were you afraid?"

"No. Did I say I was afraid?" My eyes were widened and I automatically slapped myself in my imagination. I looked away as I denied my words. Ugh, why am I so distracted?

Is it because his sweat is slowly rolling down from his hair to his fine jawline? Or maybe it's his eyes this time. I'm not sure if they really were sparkling or I'm just getting blinded by the brightness of the sun.

I shrugged off the thoughts of his features as I closed my eyes and looked away from him. Why is this so awkward?

I stood up from the floor to escape from the heated atmosphere. "Let's leave this place. I'm sure the others would look for us–"

However, before I even get to execute my plan of flight, I felt Yeonjun standing up from the floor so abruptly before he grabbed my arms and turned me around.

And then he crashed his lips with mine. Roughly. Unexpectedly, leaving me surprised.

Yeonjun grabbed my waist and his other hand supported the back of my head. He moved his lips so I couldn't resist kissing him back. I wrapped my arms to his neck and sent back the force I received from his plumpy pink lips.

I closed my eyes and held back for a second. "W-what are you doing?" I panted as I asked the question.

"Maybe I kissed you again for the fangirls."

"But they're not here–"

"Are we not allowed to kiss when there's no one nearby?" He retorted without letting me finish my words. He kissed me again, making us both close our eyes. He pushed my body to the closed door and pinned my arms to my side.

Yeonjun kissed me, and I kissed him back. I am almost running out of breath because of the continuous movement of our lips. The sucking-feeling that he was doing felt like it could drive me crazy. I can feel how heavy he was breathing every second he took a break. Our kiss... It did not feel like it's merely one. I knew we are leaning towards something more—something good and illegal at the same time.

As my arms were without any escape to the wall because if his grip, I couldn't do anything when his lips traveled down to my neck.

Yeonjun's tongue was tracing down my skin from up my cheeks to my very collarbone. The shivers were traveling to my body hair that I can feel my arms in a goosebump. Yeonjun's lips were aggressively exploring my neck and my collarbone. We were still wearing school uniforms—mine were for the regular days while he was wearing the sports uniform.

I was so lost in whatever it is that Yeonjun is doing to me. What is happening? Is this a strife of hanging out with a fuckboy?

But he's not a fuckboy. He's just popular, and perverted, and adorable at the same time.

I couldn't think of anything else that moment. All I can see is him, and all I can feel is him. His hands were not gripping any part of me; his hands were traveling across me instead. He touched my back, my shoulders, my arms and even down to my tummy. He looked as if he wasn't being himself. I too, couldn't resist it.

But when he touched me more and I touched him back, suddenly I was afraid.

I wanted more of him, but I don't know what came to me to push him so abruptly, away, and hard.

I tried to catch my breath and I could tell how we were both surprised by what we did. He stepped back and stared at me, eyes wide. "H-Haesoo... I'm sorry, I might've gone too far–"

"It's fine," I said, cutting him off. "I'm sorry, I touched you back." I threw out my words with a straight face. I myself am surprised of how I was able to do that, looking directly into Yeonjun's eyes.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I was tempted..." Finally, I avoided his eyes, looking down to the floor. "That was the first time I've ever felt that way."

Thoughts came rushing to my mind that I was not sure of the very next step to take. All I know, after that, is I ran away.

After I finally realized that I'm starting to truly like Yeonjun, I ran away.