48

F O R T Y   E I G H T

·

nyankoyangi
active

Nyan:
I guess I got the
job done, Seo
Joohan

Joohan:
Is the school talking
about him?

Nyan:
Yes, the whole school

Joohan:
If they tried to trace you
for posting the photo,
just call me

Nyan:
They might. Yeonjun
and his girlfriend
are getting all sorts
of hate in their socials
currently

Nyan:
You got what you
wanted

Joohan:
His girlfriend?

Joohan:
I said the girl
must be excluded

Joohan:
She shouldn't get
involved

Nyan:
That's impossible.
You asked me to take
a photo of you kissing
a boy that has a
girlfriend, and leak
the photo out to the
public.

Nyan:
She cannot be
excluded in the
narrative.

Joohan:
Ridiculous.

Joohan:
If that has to happen,
leave it as is.

Joohan:
I've already warned her.

Nyan:
Then,

Nyan:
Would that be all?

Joohan:
I am still not finished.

Nyan:
I did everything.
Your face is not
seen in the photo.
Isn't that enough
for me to get paid?

Joohan:
I already transferred
it to your account.

Joohan:
That's not what I'm
talking about. I'm
not done with him
yet.

Nyan:
What will you do?

Joohan:
Regardless of what
my parents will say,
I will force a thorough
investigation

Joohan:
I will see him begging
behind the cell bars

Nyan:
I thought you had
amnesia, Joohan

Joohan:
I remember everything

Joohan:
Anyways,

Joohan:
Tell me the girlfriend's
IG username

Nyan:
Hold on

Nyan:
@ haesooschrist

Nyan:
Her display name
is just Haesoo Kim

Nyan:
And she has the hotdog
emoji on her bio

Joohan:
I'm not blind, I
can see it

Joohan:
What an odd username

Joohan:
Her posts are flooded
with hatred

Nyan:
It's irreversible. She's
getting the backlashes
and it cannot be
undone

Joohan:
I understand

Joohan:
I will call you again.

Nyan:
I'd be waiting.

Nyan:
Then, goodluck on
your revenge.

·

T h i r d   P e r s o n ' s

·

It has been almost a week since Haesoo decided to give up on Yeonjun. The entire week, they carried on going to school as if nothing big happened.

The school gossip remained alive as Haesoo admitted everything to her friends, Shin Yujin, Jeon Jisoo and Kang Doyeon.

The friendship between them and TXT changed drastically in a matter of days, although Yujin and Beomgyu continued meeting in his restaurant secretly.

And Beomgyu was worried of Haesoo. It was the first time she visited the restaurant at 8:30pm, alone, right after Beomgyu closed the doors. "What brings you here, Haesoo? It's late. Wouldn't your mom get mad?"

Haesoo laughed in response. "Don't worry. I told her I would be sleeping at my Grandma's place. It's 40 minutes away from here, but I'll manage."

"Do you want a drink, Haesoo?"

"Why not? Give me something lighter than Soju. I'm taking the night bus later," Haesoo remarked.

If Haesoo was honest, she thought she would only visit Beomgyu and sleep the entire night in his restaurant after getting wasted on alcohol. Yet, it wouldn't happen, for Beomgyu would scold her himself. Underage drinking is illegal.

"He hasn't come to school for the entire week. I wonder what they talked about—Yeonjun and Joohan. It seems like they haven't made up yet," Beomgyu mumbled.

Haesoo smiled as she drank from her shot glass. "I don't know. I feel like... Yeonjun still likes her, or something. I really don't know, Beomgyu," Haesoo admitted as she let out a small laugh. Haesoo sighed. "Sometimes I feel like I don't know Yeonjun at all."

"You bet," Beomgyu stated. "We don't even know him fully. He keeps so much secrets, probably because he lacked trust. He was sick, you know. He had a disorder—something like a communication problem. I don't know the name. That was right after the car accident, because no one believed him except us."

Haesoo almost dropped her glass upon hearing Beomgyu's claims. "W-what?"

"But it's no big deal now. He got over it. I mean, he couldn't possibly be this popular now if he still has social phobia." Beomgyu poured a drink for Haesoo again. "And I'm glad that you blocked him. He's getting you caught up in this mess and I feel sorry for you. Just move on and get over your feelings for him."

"I... Think I had enough."

"Of the drink? Or the topic?"

"Both of it. I don't wanna talk about Yeonjun. Maybe I should go now," Haesoo declared after almost tearing up. She held her tears back and smiled before she hit Beomgyu's shoulders. "Thanks a lot, Beomgyu."

"Should I just drive you?"

"No need. I mean, you should go home as well."

"Be safe. At least let me know when you arrive, okay, Haesoo? I'm the last person you went to for this day, so don't die on the way or I will become a suspect."

"I'm very careful, silly," Haesoo retaliated as she giggled. "I'm heading out for real now. Take care!"

It wasn't because Haesoo couldn't bear talking about Yeonjun. She kept on missing him, and wishing at the back of her head that she could go back to the days when everything was still calm and simple.

Haesoo took the night bus at 9 o'Clock in the evening. She brought a small tote bag with a few things and an umbrella inside. It was supposed to rain tonight, she thought.

Sitting at the very back of the bus, Haesoo could feel her eyes slowly getting all sleepy and tired. Was it because she had a few drinks? Was she hallucinating?

Or was it really him, Choi Yeonjun, that just entered that same exact bus in the middle of that cold night?