46

F O R T Y   S I X

T h i r d   P e r s o n ' s

·

Haesoo still hasn't received any news about Yeonjun. Even that Thursday morning, she was waiting for a sign of him while she was getting ready for school. It was to the point that she left her phone inside her bathroom right before she went on her way.

Haesoo expects Yeonjun to at least be back at school now, now that he rested for two days and he already talked to Joohan. Haesoo went to school with a hopeful heart.

And without a phone.

However, her feet stepping inside the campus might have brought her a feeling of déjà vu; everyone was looking at her again. It was just like that time when the whole school knew about her and Yeonjun's relationship.

Wonder was embracing Haesoo that morning. Why? Is there a new issue that involves her again? What could've been the reason she's getting all eyes on her?

Until someone grabbed her out and dragged her away, she remained clueless. "Haesoo! This way."

"Doyeon, you're here–"

"Follow me for now, quickly. We have to go."

Doyeon and Haesoo ran a long way and finally took a stop by a secret area Haesoo never knew about until that time. "What is this? Were are we going, Doyeon?"

"Kai gathered us here. It was TXT's secret garden. You should be safe here," Doyeon replied as she tried to catch her breath. She then, received a confused stare from Haesoo.

Doyeon lead Haesoo inside, only to see all of their friends already inside that place—except for Yeonjun, of course. It was an open-space garden. A wide peaceful area with plants, flowers and park benches. "W-what is happening? Hey, guys! What is this place?" Haesoo waved her hands as she completely went in.

The look on her friends' faces were different. Haesoo got even more circled with confusion.

"She's here! I'm glad."

"Okay, lock the door now. Did anyone see you two walk in?"

"Nope, I don't think anyone did. We took the short cut."

"That's fine. Make sure his fans won't harass Haesoo."

"What happened, guys?" Haesoo cut their voices off to finally ask her question. "What's up? Why are we here and what are you talking about?"

Haesoo's friends began to look at each othet awkwardly without saying a word. Taehyun walked a little closer to Haesoo.

"I guess you haven't seen the news," Taehyun remarked. "There's a photo spreading around. It was Yeonjun..." Taehyun paused to breathed out, hesitating. "Y-Yeonjun and Joohan, kissing."

Huening Kai immediately stood up to hit Taehyun's head aggressively. "Why would you blurt that out so abruptly in front of her?"

"Hey, that's enough. Yujin, can you check the gate? It must be locked," Jisoo asked Yujin a favor. "Haesoo, sit down. If you haven't seen it, then that's better–"

"I don't understand... Y-Yeonjun? Kissing that girl?" Haesoo brought up another question out of shock. "Jisoo, lend me your phone."

"Haesoo, please. You should calm down."

"I am calm. Show me the picture," Haesoo immediately retorted. Jisoo bit her lip first before Doyeon grabbed Haesoo down to sit with her.

And at that very same moment, Soobin was undeniably silent by the corner. He didn't know what to say or what to think, especially that it was his closest friend that created the chaos. Soobin felt embarrased in front of everyone—most in front of Haesoo and her friends. They were getting involved in a mess they could've had no idea about if they did not become friends.

Soobin wanted to punch a hole in the wall, but he couldn't. "Soobin, Haesoo is... Well, look," Beomgyu claimed and pointed out a finger to the crying girl immediately. "I guess... She really was in-love with Yeonjun. She's sobbing hard right now. What should we do?"

"Beomgyu, it must not be true, right? Yeonjun couldn't have initiated that kiss, right?"

"We don't know. It seems as if he did, based on the leaked photo. It was taken yesterday, so we can confirm their meeting with it." Beomgyu released a sigh. "Now everybody thinks there's a third party. They're really taking the talk-of-the-town status on a career level."

Soobin looked away. He couldn't bear to watch Haesoo cry, and him unable to do anything about it. Her friends are comforting her, but it did not feel enough. Soobin felt an intense mix of guilt, sadness, doubt and anger. "If he truly did kiss Joohan after all that efforts he did in the last four years, then I might not be able to stop myself. I will destroy him if he really did hurt Haesoo." Soobin's voice was in an audible tremble.