30

T H I R T Y

T h i r d P e r s o n ' s

·

"We can't eat at the cafeteria." Jisoo shrugged her shoulders, pouting as Yujin scratched the back of her head.

"Of course, we can..." Doyeon wrapped her arms around Haesoo. "Not. We cannot. Let's go eat outside of school!"

"Actually," Haesoo spoke softly. "I'm meeting Soobin later, so I think I can't go with you right now..." Haesoo said, faking a smile. Jisoo reached for her cheeks to annoy her.

"Of course," Yujin said. "But be careful of everyone. The school knows who you are. Where are you meeting him?"

"I don't know. Maybe at the library?" Haesoo wondered.

Doyeon gasped as she remembered something. "Hey, Haesoo, while you're in the library, I'd ask you a favor. Find the book named Campfire Tales-it's in the fiction section. We'd be eating out the school so I can't go with you."

"Hey! You're not cool. Why would I find a book for you? I'm meeting Soobin right now."

"Find it after you meet him. We should go now. Two hours and our next class will begin." Jisso dragged Doyeon before she ruined Haesoo's hair. "Careful on your way to the library!"

Haesoo's friends waved her goodbye before they went towards the gate of the school. Haesoo was left alone, walking to the main campus library. When she arrived, she had a thought of passing the "book finding quest" to her errand boy, Yeonjun, while she messages Soobin for the meet-up.

·

yeonjunchoi
active 2 minutes ago

Haesoo:
Errand boi

Haesoo:
Find this book called
Camfire Tales at the
fiction section of the
main library. Give it
to me there later

Yeonjun:
On my way babe

Haesoo:
No!

Haesoo:
Not now

Haesoo:
I said later...
Maybe wait for
like 20 minutes
before heading
here

Yeonjun:
Why??

Yeonjun:
But I wanna be
with you in the
library

Haesoo:
Later!!

Yeonjun:
Why not now

Yeonjun:
}:‑(

Haesoo:
Wtf just use emojis,
goodness

Yeonjun:
😠😠😠

Haesoo:
✌️✌️

Yeonjun:
😠😠😠😠😠😡😠💗

Yeonjun:
😡😡😠

·

soobinchoi
active

Haesoo:
Heyy!

Haesoo:
Should we meet
at the library?

Soobin:
Haesoo!!

Haesoo:
My next class is
in 2hrs

Soobin:
Yeah sure, the
big library?

Haesoo:
Yupp

Haesoo:
Just inform me when
you're on your way

Soobin:
Yeahh are you there?
Can you wait for a
few minutes?

Haesoo:
No problem :))

Soobin:
I'm nervous I
have to rehearse,
please hang in
there | deleted

·

T h i r d P e r s o n ' s

Twenty minutes have passed and Yeonjun was rushing towards the main library of the school. "She told me to wait for 20 minutes. Should I go in now? It's past the time and she hasn't been DMing..." Yeonjun opened the door only to see so many students rushing around, borrowing and returning the books. It was a big library.

People would look at Yeonjun but would look away immediately. He could tell that some of his supporters would ignore him that day, because of the veil that has been put around him-he is seeing somebody, and is not the single, young campus celebrity that he was, days ago.

Yeonjun rushed to the third floor, heading directly to the fiction section. He hasn't experienced being able to freely be out in school, around so many people, without being interrupted every second. This time, he felt like no one cared much about his arrival-or at least, people are trying not to care.

Nobody was approaching him, although he still could feel how people would eye him and look away. It's like I'm not the popular kid... Yeonjun thought. This is exactly what I wanted. I guess my agreement with Haesoo worked as planned.

He spent time trying to find the book, more than he expected to. And by the corner of that place, where the students are peacefully sitting without any noise, he found it.

He found the book, and Haesoo, at the same time. She looked at Haesoo as he smiled. "Psh. She told me to find this, when it's almost right beside her," Yeonjun secretly laughed as he watched Haesoo alone in that corner. She was sleeping soundly. "She told me to wait, but she fell asleep while also waiting..." Yeonjun couldn't resist but to smile as he stared at Haesoo.

Her head was on top of her arms, placed on the library table. Her hair was not covering too much of her face, but Yeonjun couldn't help himself from moving her hair away from her eyes and cheeks, now tucked at the back of her ear.

Yeonjun decided to sit beside her. He mirrored Haesoo, redoing her sleeping position the exact same way, except that he was facing her. His smile was immovable and his heart was thumping uncontrollably fast. "Would it be illegal to like you for real? Haesoo?" Yeonjun's voice was extremely light. "What do I do? You're helping me, although I was wrong for kissing you that day. What is this feeling, now? What should I do? I can't help but to be drawn to you," he whispered.

Yeonjun's question was almost inaudible, but there would be one person who wanted to desperately answer him; Soobin, who arrived right after he did, witnessing it all since minutes ago.

Soobin tried to hide although he was truly close to where Yeonjun and Haesoo are. Soobin furrowed his brows. "Is this the truth, Yeonjun? So you liked her, and yet you denied it to us." Soobin's mind was a storm, his body shaking a little. "I thought I had my chance, but I guess I never had that," he thought. Soobin wanted to shout at Yeonjun, or maybe at least to look away, but he couldn't.

He didn't want to watch Yeonjun say it out loud while Haesoo was without consciousness. Yeonjun brushed his fingers to Haesoo's hair. "I like you, Haesoo." Yeonjun confessed.

And Soobin's hand began to roll to a fist. "But I like her too, Yeonjun. I like Haesoo, so much. What should I do about that, now?" Soobin walked out silently, leaving the two in that quiet, romantic library-unable to confess his feelings for the girl, who's now closer to his friend, Choi Yeonjun, more than he could ever be.