54

F I F T Y   F O U R

·

yeonjunchoi
offline

Haesoo:
Take care,
Choi Yeonjun.

You blocked user yeonjunchoi. You cannot reply to this conversation.

Report                    Unblock

You unblocked user yeonjunchoi.

·

T h i r d   P e r s o n ' s

·

"So... What will happen to them now?"

Taehyun placed a hand on his cheek. "Ugh. Soobin insisted on confronting Joohan. I'm guessing Joohan would freak out if she discovers that a private investigation was done. After that, she'd probably apologize to Yeonjun."

"Then... Yeonjun will know that the case was already taken care of, right? His parents asked us not to tell him, you know," Huening Kai retaliated. "We've been protecting him for four years."

"Exactly, Ningning. It's time for Yeonjun to know that his name was already wiped crystal clear. He suffered enough, don't you think?" Taehyun said. "Plus, Haesoo happened. He would probably hate us for not telling him, but he would understand us if we explain."

"Yeah, explain how his parents are getting blackmailed by Joohan's parents? He would hate Joohan. This is a bad idea. If Joohan's parents decide to ruin Yeonjun's, then Beomgyu's parents would also get fucked up in the upcoming election."

"Hey, no cursing!" Taehyun chided. "But you're kinda right. If only Joohan wasn't fucked in the head then maybe we can convince her to take Yeonjun's side. But she wouldn't do that, duh. She's just as bad as her parents, so she won't go against them for the truth. Odd fluck of motherfuckers."

"You said no cursing yet you cursed twice in a single statement!" Huening Kai pointed out.

Taehyun and Kai continued on with their discourse inside the kitchen. Meanwhile, Beomgyu and Haesoo talked alone by the living room as Haesoo cried her heart out.

Supposed to be by the restaurant, Beomgyu decided to bring Haesoo to their dormitory, as things could be too personal to be discussed outside. Haesoo can see things in a wider scope. The dark clouds has cleared up for her, and the blue sky came waving hellos. Haesoo understands everything now, about Yeonjun's mistake and its limits.

Of course, she would admit about taking him wrong the first time she heard the story—the truth was somewhat blocked by her anger that time. She doesn't know how she remembered Yeonjun bringing up the broken brakes, but she went past it and got mad while thinking Yeonjun would've taken a life and his own.

Taehyun could see from the kitchen how Beomgyu hugged Haesoo. "Poor Haesoo. She wasn't supposed to be involved with all of these."

"Ugh. I know. But you know what, if this is bound to happen then I'm glad it was her whom Yeonjun fell in-love with," Kai claimed. "Haesoo is understanding. And she's not toxic. And she's also not crazy."

"Does being crazy have something to do with this?"

"Well, possibly?" Kai's unsure response. "I mean, you said it yourself—Joohan has mental problems and that's why she doesn't know what she's doing right now, being careless and all."

Taehyun nodded his head. "You got a point."

Hours have passed before Haesoo finally went home. She still didn't know what to do. All she could ever think of was clearing her mind by telling the story to her girl friends, and having the comfort of somebody she is now longing to grasp upon.

Still, she could not initiate on sending Yeonjun a message. She could unblock his accounts and his number from her phone, but she would still feel empty inside, wondering about the things he could be doing by now.

It would've been nice if Yeonjun was here. Maybe I could make him feel understood.