42 (Extra)

A/N: hey i actually deleted this scene but i think you guys also like soobin sooo i decided to turn this short scene into an addition to the last chapter bc soobin is adorable 🥺 good luck on being confused! 😘

·

F O R T Y   T W O   ( E X T R A )

H a e s o o ' s

·

It was as though nobody noticed I left with Yeonjun to the garden. We came back and I noticed that Yujin is a little too drunk to be dancing in front of Beomgyu anymore. I pulled her to her seat and let her rest for now.

It remained crazy—this time, it was Taehyun who was singing. His voice is heavenly.

I was glad that Yeonjun finally opened up to me and told me about that situation everyone seemed to know about except for me. He accidentally crashed a car and drove that girl and himself both to that incident. The thing is, I still do not understand how that would make him a bad person. He wasn't the monster that everyone is trying to make him, right?

But Soobin doesn't know I made up with Yeonjun. Soobin sat next to me and smiled. His face was near mine and I could tell that he was not too sober as well. Maybe he had a few gulps like me. He looks cute while blushing.

I admit that I was surprised when he came near me. I thought maybe he was awkward with me because we fought and I blocked him on IG. "You're smiling today, aren't you, Kim Haesoo?" Soobin asked me a question.

He placed a hand to my hair and began to pat my head. He smiled back at me, and I found him utterly pretty tonight. "Of course. I like seeing you guys happy."

"I regret being harsh to you that day. Maybe I should've just told you about Yeonjun and Joohan slowly and explained instead. Sorry!" He laughed. I shook my head and hit his shoulder faintly.

"Don't worry about that anymore. I said we're back to being friends," I responded to him. I hope he would get me although I know he was kind of drunk.

And then his face went closer to mine. My eyes widened for a little bit, and I can feel my cheeks heating up. What is this? I don't even have a crush on him anymore. "That's not it, Haesoo, that's... not it. That is my problem, Haesoo."

"Problem? What's wrong, Soobin?"

"No, no. Because I think, like, you left us as friends and that's a problem, right? Because my feelings..." Soobin pointed a finger at me as he paused talking. My eyes began to widen everytime. What is up with him?

Holy shit. I think he really is drunk.

"My feelings, Haesoo. I have feelings, you know?"

"Soobin, you're drunk. Maybe you should stop drinking—"

"No, no... I'm fine. I will, um, sing! I will sing you a song," was all that came out from Soobin's lips before he drew himself back and grabbed the microphone.

I am actually quite worried. His words are not making sense and he was shaky. Is he okay? I think he is drunk and he might pass out any moment. Well, he refused and grabbed a microphone, so I don't know what to do about him now.

And he played a song. He sang "Realize" by Colbie Caillat. His voice was something unexplainable. It felt warm and comforting.

"But I can't spell it out for you
No, it's never gonna be that simple
No, I can't spell it out for you,"

"If you just realize what I just realized
Then we'd be perfect for each other and we'll never find another,"

"It's not the same
No, it's never the same
If you don't feel it, too,"

That time, I could only look at Soobin. It's not that I don't like his song—he just looked sad while singing. There is something about him today.

And Yeonjun came to speak to me. "Haesoo? Is everything alright?"

I smiled at Yeonjun. "It's just... Soobin. I'm worried. He's drunk."

Along the lines I told Yeonjun, Soobin shouted my name through the microphone after finishing his first song. He smiled at me and waved his hands, so I did the same. "Kim Haesoo, I will sing you Butter next."

Both Yeonjun and I laughed at Soobin. "I told you, he's drunk," I whispered to Yeonjun.

And when I looked back at Soobin, he was smiling brightly as if the look in his eyes earlier never existed.

Is it because he is singing Butter? I'm not sure. All I know is that his smile wasn't true.

Yeonjun came to take the microphone away from Soobin. "I will sing instead. You go and drink some water or something, Soobin-ah."

"No! Oh no." Soobin tried to get the microphone back like a child reaching for a stolen stuffed toy. They looked cute.

I wish our friendships could last like this. I wish nothing ever goes wrong again.