27

T W E N T Y   S E V E N

H a e s o o ' s

·

I sat down with Yeonjun, wearing my face without the accessory of a smile. "So... You fought with them." I looked down, avoiding Yeonjun's eyes. We promised to meet here at this very rooftop. At least, maybe he also thinks that this could be a safe place.

Yeonjun released a long sigh. He must have a lot of thoughts right now. "They're just surprised. I told them initially that we're friends, so they wanted to be with you girls, too," he said, turning his head as I felt him looking at me. "But last night, they were just..." Yeonjun stopped, making me look at him. He bit his lip slightly in between his lines, looking disappointed, trying to hold back his emotions. "This is why I never told them we're just in an agreement."

"They still don't know?"

"No, they don't." Yeonjun pointed his sight to the floor. "My friends are not like yours, apparently. But don't worry about it, Haesoo," he cooed. "I'll tell them... Next time. T-tonight, or tomorrow. Don't worry, okay?"

I continued to stare at him with concern. "I'm not worried about our friends."

"Are you worried about my supporters?" He finally looked at me with a smile. He laughed for a bit before he attempted to pinch my cheeks. "Don't worry. I'll protect you. You can call me anytime. As what we've agreed upon, I'll do as you say–"

I could not refrain from cutting of his speech, out of what I've been feeling. "It's you... That I'm worried about," I blurted out. "W-will you be okay?"

Yeonjun paused before he put his smile back on, and then he placed a hand to my head to ruin my hair. It would've been better if he just patted my head, but he ruined my hair intentionally. "Aigoo. O-of course. I'm Choi Yeonjun. You know it, Haesoo, I'm capable at doing anything."

I hit his shoulder faintly to express my anxiousness. I'm truly... Worried for him, and his friends. I just realized how Yeonjun's not a simple, ordinary boy. He's a little secretive. He's not so confident about that, and there must be a reason I don't know about. He might be troubled with something other than his fans. But all I know is that I want to help him in any way I can.

And upon my deep thinking, he suddenly did something I was never prepared for. Not in the first, not in the second or the third.

Yeonjun kissed me.

It was for a short second, but I can't deny how much it made my heart thump faster. I looked up to his eyes, surprised. His small laugh first came before he smirked at me.

"Did that startle you?" Yeonjun asked, making me look away with my burning cheeks. Now, I feel sheepish.

"N-no," I immediately denied. I gulped when I heard his giggles. My heart felt like it's about to explode. "I g-guess I'm just still not used to it."

He might've thought my attention's not on him. I admit I was preoccupied after what he just did, but I could hear his very low whisper. "You will."

I think I might be blushing. But whatever it is, I don't care. I turned to him again to see him smiling. I exhaled first before I raised my head. "Yeonjun," I exclaimed. "Go ahead. I'm ready now." I closed my eyes, trying to get rid of the thought of his face, maybe surprised by what I said.

But after that, I remember kissing him for minutes—or maybe more. That day was an escape, and a pleasure for the butterflies in my stomach. We kissed more than the amount we should, and we never complained. After all, it's all part of our agreement.