50

Trigger Waring: death, suicide, verbal abuse. Read chapter 50 with caution of these potential triggers.

·

F I F T Y

T h i r d   P e r s o n ' s

·

"Haesoo, wait!"

Haesoo rushed out from the bus, with Yeonjun tailing her. She did not bring her umbrella out, for she intended to get consumed by the downpour. Haesoo could hear Yeonjun calling her name.

Haesoo ran away. Although she knew Yeonjun would follow her, she ran from him. Her clothes were already wet and her tears were already mixed up with the raindrops landing on her face. "Haesoo! Stop, please. You're going to catch a cold–"

"Stop following me! Why are you following me?"

"I can't let you go alone. It's dark, and it's freezing out here."

Haesoo landed a palm to Yeonjun's face out of infuriation. Her emotions were running wild and she didn't know if she was worried, mad or longing for a certain something. Yeonjun was suprised when Haesoo slapped him, although he admit that he saw her fury coming.

"There you are again, making me confused all the time." Haesoo was catching her breath as she looked at Yeonjun, crying. "You comfort me and then hurt me. You tell me a truth and then give me a lie. I don't understand you."

"Haesoo–"

"Do you think I wouldn't believe you? Do you think I'm just like those people who treated you like shit and drove you that miserable?" Haesoo let herself get taken over by her emotions. "You are miserable, Choi Yeonjun."

The rain goes on to burden the heavy feeling that the two of them were soaked on.

Yeonjun couldn't say a word, although he was trying. His mouth was moving, waiting for his voice to come out, but there was nothing. Haesoo tears were confused by the raindrops pouring over her face as she spoke out loud to Yeonjun. "Look at you. You can't trust anyone, and you can't let go of a simple stain of your past."

"It is not as simple as you think." Yeonjun looked down.

"You told me you drove and got into an accident. I know that wasn't everything there is to it, but was that a lie as well?" Haesoo looked at Yeonjun, worriedly waiting for an answer. She wiped some of the raindrops and tears resting on her eyes. "Y-you're not a bad person. At least to me, you're not that monster they described."

"Haesoo," Yeonjun called her name with his voice loud. The rain was creating the noise louder than his heartbeat; he was nervous. "I c-can't leave you as clueless as you are anymore." Yeonjun took a deep breath in between his sentences. "I need you to know the truth."

Haesoo was shaking her head. "You can't. Don't waste my time because I know you can't move past that fucking drawn line."

Yeonjun went closer to kiss Haesoo.

The girl immediately pushed him away and slapped his face again. "You're a jerk. Can't you see that I'm hurting?"

"It might be the last time I could kiss you. I'm sorry it wasn't consensual," he said, voice shaking. He knew the girl couldn't tell if it was because of the cold rain or because he was panicking. "Seo Joohan was my best friend since I was young. We went to the same school since kindergarten."

Haesoo wanted to look away, but she couldn't. She was torn between listening to know the truth or listening to his story to make herself believe his actions were justified.