34

T H I R T Y F O U R

H a e s o o ' s

·

Yeonjun and I sat in front of the huge, huge mirror. He finally came to our studio, and I don't know if he'd like it or not. "Well, what do you think?"

"You guys have smaller subscriber count. How come your practice room is bigger than ours?" Yeonjun laughed after he took a bite of the crispy chicken he just brought.

I smiled at him. So, our main studio's bigger than theirs. "Well, our manager is one of the owners of this place. She's from a wealthy family, and her cousin's an idol! Do you know Chanyeol from EXO? Our manager's cousins with him. Crazy, right?"

"Who doesn't know EXO? And she's lying. Chanyeol's family is too rich that they wouldn't get a studio like this—they would get an entire building. Get what I'm saying?"

"Yeonjun, no. She's really cousins with him. They have pictures," I responded to him and grabbed the drink he bought for me.

He narrowed his eyes. "Yeah? I have pictures with Taehyung from BTS. How about that?"

"Really?"

"Yeah! I'm really good at photoshop!"

"Oh," I said, blandly. I looked away from him and grabbed the tissues that came along with the boxes of chicken. We are done eating.

I'd have to let the food rest first in my stomach before I can carry on with dancing.

Yeonjun cleaned up. I was actually thankful that he was here. I am kinda in-need of company.

But I couldn't help myself from having consistent thoughts and questions. Can I ask him about what Soobin said? Does he really have a first love? Is he hiding such a big thing from me?

Whatever it is, I am not sure if I have the right to know.

I might not have the right because Yeonjun and I are not really dating, but I am involved with him now and everyone thinks we dated.

Given that, it drives me towards the point that I might also have the right to know; it's a secondary thought. After all, I am inside this situation, and I couldn't untie the knot so easily.

"Haesoo, did you know that Alexander Graham Bell secured the patent for the invention of telephone?"

I rolled my eyes when Yeonjun sat next to me, saying mundane sentences. "Of course! He shouldn't have taken that credit though."

"You really are smart in every other subject except math, huh?" Yeonjun teased me, placing my face in between both his hands to squeeze my cheeks.

I squinted at him for targeting my math skills again. "You don't have to flex your braincells, Choi Yeonjun. I know you excel in everything."

"Yeah. I even excel in pinching cheeks," he declared, laughing. I immediately touched a hand to his face in order to pinch his cheeks back.

I admit that we might have looked like little kids playing around. But it was fun. We were both laughing alone in that whole studio; our voices echoed around but only us could hear them.

And then, Yeonjun slowly held the back of my head, and his other hand pushing my shoulder down. He was putting me down, to lie resting on the floor.

But he was so careful, and gentle.

I did not find it weird. I knew maybe after a minute or two, we would kiss. I think that's what's about to happen. It is a guess I'm making.

So I closed my eyes and laughed again. "What are you doing? You're putting me to sleep?" I asked, joking around. His giggle was audible after that. I did not open my eyes, and I kept waiting.

I felt Yeonjun's face leaning closer to my ear. "Kim Haesoo," he whispered. I didn't know what would happen expect for my prediction that we would kiss. I keep on thinking about these things, when I know it will not always be the case. He was just whispering.

And he didn't kiss me. Not yet.

"Kim Haesoo, did you... Lock the door?" Yeonjun continued his question, which sent shivers across my body.

I gulped before I answered. "I... locked it. Why?"

"Remember that time I asked about... if we aren't allowed to kiss when no one's nearby? I think the answer is clear."

I finally opened my eyes after I heard his words. And now... His face was right above me. He looks so cute in his brown hair.

I smiled, first, before my prediction came true. We kissed, again. To him, it might seem like it's exactly the way we kissed the last time, but this kiss to me was different. There is something about this feeling that I couldn't explain, like a mixture of romance and doubt.

·

A/N: Hey guys this book is about KISSING and there are like so many kissing scenes and the title itself has the word "kiss" in it so I expect you wouldn't be too surprised by the sudden kissing scenes! 😘