❯ 𝙪 ; 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

minho!
felix threw his arms around the older upon seeing him as he opened the door, minho laughed and hugged back, engulfing the scent of pastries and happiness radiating from felix and it made him feel warm.
i hope i didn't bother you today.
minho said and felix shook his head.
why would you bother me? come on in, it's been a while since i've seen you.

minho sat on the couch as felix offered to make him some coffee. he looked around their new apartment, appreciating how much felix's presence influenced the interior design. he glanced at the younger making his way towards him with a wooden tray of cookies, a cup of coffee and a small flower on a vase. felix set it on the coffee table in front of minho and the older thanked him before felix sat down beside him.

felix excitedly offered minho to try the coffee he brewed himself and the sugarcookies he baked that were shaped like cats, knowing how much minho loves them. the older giggled and took a bite, his eyes sparkling and complementing felix on his perfect recipe. the same compliment was said on the coffee, minho wasn't too fond of coffee but it was just right to his taste.

he set the cup down and looked back at the younger.
so how have you been? i've seen a lot of your paris projects online and they were so good!
felix said smiling making minho laugh.
i've been fine, focused on work for a few years but at this point i'm just going with whatever flow it is. anyways it was all pretty much boring, i wanna know how you've been doing.
minho smiled.

oh nothing much happened, i just opened up a bakery downtown, it opens every week days so come visit me and my workers sometimes and— oH! I ALMOST FORGOT! how could i forget!
felix stood up giddily and grabbed something from the bedroom. he went back to minho holding a cupcake scented white envelope with gold accents. minho opened it up and read it, his eyes widened and he shook felix's shoulders.
YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!?
he grinned and felix nodded while laughing.

felix i'm so happy for you! hyunjin mentioned seungmin was on break, so this is why.
minho said and folded the envelope back.
hyunjin gave seungmin permission to take a break so we could plan out the private wedding, it's in four months from now, and i've been meaning to ask you if you wanted to be my man of honor.
felix held minho's hands with sparkling eyes.

of course i will! this is so important for you and seungmin.
minho placed the envelope neatly in his bag and felix gave him another hug.
thank you minmin.
he said and pulled apart.

so you met hyunjin again huh? he's seungminnie's best man.
felix said and minho nodded.
we're doing fine, i guess we're considered friends, i'm.... i'm dating someone else now.
minho said, a sad sparkle was seen on felix's eyes that it made minho's eyebrows scrunch up but he soon smiled and shook his head telling minho it was nothing.
i'm happy for you. minho, i know i'm in no position to say this, but i was hoping you and hyunjin could fix things between you. these past three years weren't the best for him, it was terrible and i felt so bad.
felix said quietly.

i don't think we can do that, we're contented trying to forget it and only seeing each other as coworkers. and besides, he's married to youngmi a long time ago remember? there's no space for me to go in between them anymore.
minho forced out a laugh but felix could only look at him sadly.
you really didn't know?
felix asked and minho's face fell, his heart pounded against his chest, anxious of the things he wasn't informed of that felix mentioned and the atmosphere that was getting dull.
what.....
he trailed off.

what happened felix?
he asked with panicking eyes, felix tucked minho's hair behind his ear and squeezed his hand for comfort.
hyunjin got into an accident the day of the wedding.
felix said and minho's world came into an abrupt stop, his heart felt heavy, barely beating and his breathing was unstable. felix's face softened seeing minho's eyes shaking and he rubbed the older's knuckles with his thumb.

hyunjin.... he, well, he couldn't take it when he found out you left. the day of the wedding we were all already there but hyunjin still hasn't arrived, chan hyung and seungminnie tried to contact him but sooner we found out he crashed his own car on the edge of a cliff and fell.

wh-what?
minho breathed in heavily, his tears threatening to fall. felix rubbed his back for comfort, asking if he should stop but minho urged him to continue.
he was in a state of coma for almost a year, when he woke up, it took him time to remember everything. just last year they found out his father was suffering from stage four brain cancer, he's confined in the hospital for now because the tumor was too big that it had no hope of him living. his wish was to get hyunjin and youngmi married for real, it'll happen by the end of this year. hyunjin couldn't help but follow for his dying father and he thought it would be the best to do for everyone, knowing you're already doing fine.

so we're just back to where we started huh?
minho asked with a disbelieved smile, forcing a shaking laugh, his voice cracking and weak. felix wiped the tears from the older's cheek, holding back his own tears but his heart felt heavy for the both of them. 
why didn't anyone tell me?
minho sounded a little more desperate and felix sighed.

we were both suffering..... for three years.....
minho sobbed and wiped his tears away, he took in a deep breath.
if i had just known hyunjin would do that to himself..... he.... he doesn't deserve to be hurt like that.....
felix hugged him as minho kept on crying. minho gripped onto the fabric behind the younger's shirt, heart full of resentment and disbelief.

do you know the first thing hyunjin said after waking up from coma?
felix whispered, a small smile making it's way on his lips as he rubbed minho's back for comfort.
he said your name minho, he still loves you, nothing really changed since then.
felix told him and he could feel minho calming down a little.

how can h-he still l-love me a-after everything?
minho muttered against felix's chest.
why didn't i-i know? wh-why did e-everyone k-kept it f-from me? why did hyunjae hyung.....
minho stopped and took in a breath.
why did hyunjae hyung lie to me?

he pulled apart and felix fixed up his hair, minho stared into space, his heart sunken deep in his chest and mind racing, processing everything even if it overwhelmed him. he looked at felix and held the younger's hand.
i know we haven't met in a while but, i need to meet someone right now.
minho said apologetically but felix smiled at him with understandment.

felix walked with him to the door, giving him one last hug and words of assurance and comfort before they parted ways. on the ride down the elevator, minho called the older, his heart racing as it rang on the other end.
hyunjae hyung? meet me later in jiwon hyung's café, i need to talk to you about something.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  𝟷𝟸𝟸𝟽𝟸𝙾
i almost forgot to update today
ಥ⌣ಥ

but damn shit's about to go down down baby