❯ 𝙪 ; 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

but are you okay? i can go and get you if you really can't.
minho sighed and looked at his car that had a flat tire while he was on the road. the team had to go on an outing in hyunjae's hometown to get inspiration and other necessities regarding the project that was summer themed, mr. choi specifically wanted to advertise the town and it's berry festival since it happens every summer and will boost up the economy of the town after their project promotions.

minho went a little later than the others who were already there since soojin needed someone to go with but unfortunately she got called back into paris urgently so minho went alone instead, unluckily for him, his tire suddenly got holed up and now he's standing in the middle of the road with his car tire flat.
you don't have to hyung, i can handle this, just tell them my apologies and i'll be arriving a lot later than expected.

okay, be careful minho.
minho thanked him and hung up, he stared at his car and placed his hands on his hips with face a soured expression because the situation was starting to piss him off. he had been standing in the middle of the road with cars barely passing by for the past almost thirty minutes now. minho can't exactly push his car because it was too big and surely he can't push it by himself.
goodness, why can't help just arrive when i need it?
minho thought out and sighed, waiting for another car to pass by that can offer him some help.

hyunjin was a mess, he woke up late and had to rush on his way to the outing. his long blonde hair (freshly dyed yesterday) was still damp and sprawled all over his face, his shirt was barely buttoned up, stuff all thrown in the backseat, face bare (but still handsome asf) and he was stepping on the acceleration as he drove fastly on the road. he was busy making up excuses he would use for later because he had an image to protect and it'll be so unprofessional of him to show up late and looking like a hot mess. (he plans to fix himself once he finds a stop) but for now his main goal was to get to the town as fast and as early as he can (which won't make much sense since he's already pretty late).

he almost crashed his car when he saw minho's car leaning a little on it's side, in the middle of the road and the older just standing there staring at it. he stopped the car and got out, running to minho who looked at him surprised.
when i said i needed help, uhm, this isn't really what i meant.
minho thought out and facepalmed as hyunjin reached him.

minho what happened?
hyunjin asked concerned and minho pursed his lips, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt embarrassed.
i accidentally ran over something sharp and my tire exploded so yeah.
he said and looked away from hyunjin.
did you try calling a pick up truck or something?
hyunjin asked, minho frowned.
no, i won't get there if my car is like this and seoul is too far away so i'm basically stuck here.
minho shrugged and slumped his shoulders, pouting at the flat tire of his car.

hyunjin dialed something on his phone and placed it on his ear, minho looked at him confused.
what are you doing?
he asked.
calling a pick up truck to get your car fixed, i'll just give you a ride to the outing.
hyunjin said and minho's eyes widened, flailing his arms in front of hyunjin in a panic.
y-you don't have to do that! i-i'll just find a way to—

❝ you're our main model in this project, so you're our main priority and plus you can't just stay out here.
hyunjin rolled his eyes and waited for the other end to answer, minho looked around anxiously and walked closer to the younger.
b-but you really don't have to and i.... we.....
minho trailed off and hyunjin frowned at him.
i'll give you a ride whether you like it or not.

but—

that's a condition.
hyunjin smiled at him and minho could feel his heart sink in, his face heated up and he tucked his hair behind his ear, a habit he does when he's embarrassed. he had his head lowered down and nodded at hyunjin who proceeded with his phone call to get minho's car out the road.

a pick up truck arrived fifteen minutes later and took minho's car to the nearest car shop to get it fixed. minho's heart pounded against his chest as he sat on the passenger's seat of hyunjin's car, he could feel his entire body heating up and he fanned his face trying to calm himself down.
this is so awkward.
he pursed his lips and flinched a little after hyunjin got in.
seatbelt.
hyunjin smiled and minho jumped up his seat, looking at hyunjin confused, the younger motioned to his seatbelt and minho smacked his forehead before buckling his seatbelt.

there was an unweary atmosphere between the both of them as hyunjin drove, the silence was heavy but none of them wanted to break it or else it'll make the awkward situation worse and minho doesn't know if he can handle it without exploding, he wanted to mentally smack hyunjin for breaking the silence he was already getting comfortable to.
so..... how was paris? i-i mean, how did your career there go?
he asked, his eyes still kept on the road.

it was alright, took me two years to call it almost successful though, but i'm still getting started so.... yeah.....
minho rubbed the nape of his neck, eyes darting out the window trying to hide the expression he had on his face.
h-how's living with youngmi doing?
he asked, thinking it'll be rude if he doesn't add up to their not so wanted (at least to him) conversation. hyunjin's face cringed and minho couldn't help but smile seeing his expression from the corner of his eyes.

stressful. as always.
hyunjin said with clicked tongue. minho glanced at the wheel where his hands gripped, noticing the promise ring he gave him all those years back glistening on hyunjin's finger. he sighed and looked out the window again, trying to drive away his mind off the thoughts of them who were already over a long time ago.

so are.... are you and hyunjae in a relationship?
hyunjin asked with hesitance creeping in the back of his voice, minho blinked and turned his head towards him, giving him a slight glance before darting it to the empty road ahead of them.
not really, at least not in an official relationship yet, but we have been dating for a while now.
minho said, tucking his hair back as his face grew even more hotter.
what's he like?
hyunjin asked with a sullen voice catching minho off guard.

i mean, has he been treating you well?
hyunjin added, minho lowered his head and smiled.
he's really nice and sweet, you can tell he's a gentle guy who's kinda idiotic sometimes but it's fine because it makes him cute.
minho giggled happily, hyunjin could see a small smile playing on minho's lips from the corner of his eye and he sighed, staring at the road he was driving them both.
oh....

another heavier atmosphere fell down upon them and hyunjin pursed his lips remembering a conversation he had with minho a long time ago, in regards to how they are now, pretending nothing happened between them and acting like mere strangers without any intimate past. but that didn't help in any point, because hyunjin knew minho was just the same as he was, even if it was the reality they had to have now.

"do you really think we can forget everything and pretend nothing happened between us?"

"of course not."

"yeah, i think so too."

nothing has changed. hyunjin thought out to himself, a bitter taste lingering in the back of his tongue, poisoning his taste buds. he gripped onto the wheel, his lips in a sullen frown and eyes far away on the road ahead. we're still fools.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  𝟷𝟸𝟸𝟷𝟸𝙾
oNLY FOOLS FALL FOR YOU

stan troye sivan and my boi huang renato junior from nct—

i was actually having a really bad panic attack because the storm is really loud and i can't calm myself down so i decided to write and update. i apologize for minor errors i haven't edited this chapter yet. stay healthy and safe everyone ♡

— sea