Five

~one month later~

    I was now back to all my classes and my regular schedule. Obviously it was hard without my parents but I had all my friends who supported me all the way. My parents death strangely brought me more joy than sadness; I've gotten closer with a lot of people, Mary and Audrey on the other hand... they kinda separated themselves from us. I went into a really dark place a week after the news, that's when I found out who my real friends were. Katy, Nick and Austin were really supportive even Alex passed by, he knows how close I was with my parents.

    Austin and I became really close, like really really close we got pretty close to kissing a couple times but brushed it off. We fell asleep last night cuddling. I felt safe in his arms even if he tried to take advantage of me the night I arrived here. He apologized soon after and told me he was drunk, I believed him since you could smell his breath full of alcohol from a mile away.

"Good morning bumblebee." he says waking me up.

"Good morning." I say looking up at him.

    I don't know why but every time he called me by that name it gave my butterfly. It all started when I got sting on my foot by a bee and had to jump on my other foot to move around. I looked like a bumblebee when I jumped around and he thought it was funny.

"So since it's Saturday, do you want to go on a walk?"

"Ya sure we should go on a walk in the trails of the near by park!" I said getting excited.

    It took me a long time to get ready: I took a shower, curled my hair, and did my makeup; making sure to not put to much but not to little, just the right amount. Austin got bored and started cleaning my room; he loves to clean stuff. I'm not complaining he's the reason my room is clean plus he's super cute when he does it, but like any other things it can get a bit annoying sometimes.

"Are you ready yet?" Austin says hugging me from behind.

"Almost I just need to finish my eye makeup." I answered putting mascara on my eyelashes.

"Why do you even put that stuff on, you look gorgeous without it. I like you better natural."

"For your information mister, girls don't usually put makeup on for boys. I personally put it on because it makes me feel more confident." I say with a bit of attitude.

"If you say so..." he chuckled

"Ok I'm ready let's go!"

He took my hand, I was so scared that he would get disgusted by my sweaty palms but he didn't, at least I don't think he did. As we got to the park, we made our way to the trails we talked about nothing and everything.

"So if you could change one thing about the world what would it be?" I ask curious.

"Well a lot of things, but maybe how people judge others without seeing the true person. Good thing you're not like that, you could've easily judged me by the way we got introduced." He says with a nervous laugh. "What about you what's one thing you could changed?"

"The way people are obsessed with their phone it's like we don't believe anything on less we see it on a screen. I wished I could live in the times where writing a letter was considered normal."

"Vintage, I like it." we both laugh at his comment.

We stopped and he just looked deeply into my eyes. He looked nervous.

"So Chloe, we have gotten a lot closer over the past month and I wanted to ask you; do you want to by my girlfriend?"

"Omg yes I would love that!" I say embracing him in my arms

We finished our walked and headed back to the school hand in hand. As we got in our dormitory Katy and Nick were waiting for us; they looked at us with curiosity in their eyes.

"So... what happened?" Nick says. As usual, he wants to be the first one to know all the gossip that goes on in peoples lives.

"Did you ask her?" Katy asked impatiently.

"Yes, yes I did and man it was stressful!" Austin says softly, letting out a soft lauguter.

"Oh, by the way we invited a couple of people over tonight." Katy says dragging me into my room.

As we walk in she closes the door and makes her way to my closet.

"What are you doing?" I ask

"Chloe, you have a boyfriend now and you're going to a party with that boyfriend, you need to look fabulous. Plus, your clothes are way cuter than mine so I'm taking one of your shirts." She said looking in my closet.

"Ok. Wait who are-" I tried to say but she interrupted me super excited.

"Oh my god you need to wear that dress tonight!" She says pulling out a silky green dress.

"Don't you think it's a bit.. I don't know revealing?"

"Then why do you have it in your closet?"

"I don't know..."

"Ok go try it on!"

I took the dress out of her hand and went in the bathroom. I don't even know how to put it on, it as so much strings and laces. After about five minutes of being tangled in them I finally got it on. I'm not going to lie, it was gorgeous it fitted me perfect. It was complementing my long blond hair and my blue eyes. I walked into my room and Katy's mouth drops to the floor.

"I know right!"

"Oh my god Chloe you look beautiful!"

"I'm definitely wearing that tonight. Alright, so what are you wearing?" I asked Katy.

"I don't know yet, I was thinking a jean and a crop top."

I made my way to my closet and picked out a pair of black jeans and a sparkly white top.

"Ok let me go try it on" she said elevated.

As she walked back in I shook my head, no. The top was just not it.

"Ok maybe this shirt will do." I said handing her the shirt.

She walked back in with a perfect tight red shirt. We both started doing our makeup and hair. She decided to go crazy with a full eye look and gold glitter both on her eyes and in her hair. I opted for a more natural look with a simple makeup look and curled hair. We then started to hear the music and people starting to arrive; it sounded like a lot more than just a couple people.

"Hey, when you said you invited a couple people, how many did you mean?" I ask

"I don't really know, about fifty?"

We then heard a knock on the door before I had time to say anything else.