Eight

As I walk in my math class I look at my teacher who is impressed that I'm not late. I smile at him and make my way to my desk. I have this class with Austin which is nice cause I comprehend right about nothing in that subject and he excels at it, so he can help me. Mid way to the class I feel someone pat me on my back I turn around and the person sitting behind me hands me a note. I open it and immediately recognize my boyfriend hand writing. On the paper was the answers to all of the work sheet we had to do. I look at Austin and a wide smile appears on his face. I mouth him a quick 'thank you' and got back to my work.

    When the bell rang I got up and handed my paper to the teacher who was on his phone the whole time and didn't even pay attention to the class. I also gave him the work for tomorrow since I wouldn't be able to attend class. Austin did the same.

    When we got out of the class room a bunch of guys from the rugby team approached Austin I could distinguish a couple of them since I went to a lot of Austin's practices. He let go of my hand and walk with them. Leaving me alone, again.

"Hello!" Katy said appearing next to me in the middle of the hallway.

"Hey." I say a bit sad still looking at them.

"Why are you looking at the rugby team?" She asked tracing to where my eyes were fixed.

"I don't know it's like I wanna trust Austin and I do, but-"

"But a part of you just won't. Because he used to be a player." She said like she was reading my mind.

"Like how many girls from the cheer team do you think he had a thing with?" I asked as they walked up to the groupe of boys, who quit honestly acted like a pact of hippopotamuses.

"All of them." Nick said popping up next to me with Alex on his side.

"We used to play games against this school rugby team and each time he would be with a different girl." Alex mentioned.

"But he's changed now, right?" I added.

"Oh yea totally you can 100% trust him." Nick said with a bit of sarcasm.

"Austin wouldn't cheat on me right? I mean after everything he said this morning and how he acts around me..." I say trying to convince myself of it.

"No! Of course not. He could never." Nick said immediately regrading what he just said.

    Katy and Nick left since they had gym next period so they needed to go early. Leaving me and Alex alone. It was awkward. He had just confessed his feelings to me about a hour ago and I didn't feel the same way at all.

"The other thing I wanted to talk to you about is that, well, we should really go outside for this." He said breaking the silence.

    That's when I spotted Sadie coming towards us looking determined.

"Actually, can it wait I really have to get to class?" I said trying to leave. I was not having a confrontation with Sadie.

"Class doesn't start for another seven minutes." He said looking at his watch.

"Well you know me! Always getting lost everywhere!" I say while keeping a eye out for Sadie who was coming fast.

"Oh well I'll talk to you at lunch then." He said noticing my discomfort.

    I walked away as fast as I could. I got up the stairs and headed to my next class. It was French. I despise French. It's so complicated for no reason do you really need like twenty different verb tense. I got to my seat which was next to Austin. He arrived late to class with his hair messy and his lips a bit swelled and when I asked him what happened his just told me he got in a fight and brushed it off. He put his hand in mine under the desk.

"We will be doing a two person project. You will be working with the person next to you and I don't want to here anyone complaining. The project is due in two days" Announced Mr. Carman.

    I saw a smile appear on Austin's face. It felt good to know that we still wanted to be with me and not with some other girl from the cheer team.

"Ok so how about you do the research and I could do the writing?" I asked.

"How about we just ditch the class? We could say we are going working in the hallway. I want to bring you somewhere." He suggested.

"Ok." I say blushing. I've known him for about two months and he still gives me butterflies.

    We got to our dorm to drop our stuff and then we headed outside to his car. He drove for about fifteen minutes in the middle of nowhere. Good thing it was lunch time after this cause we would of missed our next class.

    When we got to a stop I looked around and saw a bunch of trees. He signalled me to follow him. He put his hand on my lower back sending shivers down my spine. We got to this mind blowing place. It was magical. You could hear the ocean nearby and the birds singing. The colourful trees surrounding us, they were forming a big circle. In the middle of the circle was a table made of woods with two pieces of paper and pencils. Austin made his way to the table keeping his eyes on me.

"Come on bumble!" He said with a huge smile on his lips.

    I was still mesmerized by the placement it was what I always wanted a date to look like but I never knew I wanted it. I finally break out of my thoughts and join him on the table.

"You know when you said you liked writing letters, well I thought it would be fun to write each other one letter and open it when we have our first big fight. To remind us of how much we love each other." He said responding to my confused expression.