Sixteen

Nick just told me that Austin went to Sadies room after our big fight last night. I was obviously hurt. He really gave up on trying to fix me and him. To fix us.

    I made my way to the main hall and saw Alex. I told him a simple hi and he kissed me on the cheek. I know we said no kissing but I didn't mind him kissing me on the cheek.

"Aren't you Austin Huddleston's girlfriend?" One of Alex, or I guess you could call him my boyfriend now, friend asked me.

"Well we used to date but then he cheated on me, with Sadie Watts." I said looking down at my shoes.

"He messed up, who in the world would cheat on a girl like you." Other one of his friends said.

"I'm glad he did." Alex said looking deep in my eyes. I didn't even realize he was holding my waist until he squeezes it.

"Gross." His friends said. We all laugh and then the school bell rang announcing first period. On my way to my English class I bumped into Nick so we walked together.

"I saw Austin a couple of minutes ago. He looked sad and angry." He said turning in the English hallway.

"I hope he feels better soon."

"I know you, I know you're only with Alex to make Austin jealous." He said stopping me before I could enter the class.

"I don't know what your talking about." Getting way from his grip.

    He grabbed me before I could even make a step forward. "I know you're lying. You always play with a hair tie when you lied." He said taking the piece of fabric out of my hands and put it in front of my face.

"Ok maybe, but Alex is the one who put the idea out there first so."

"Chloe, Austin can be very aggressive and use violence when he doesn't mean too. You have to be very careful when playing around with jealousy." He said walking in the class room.

"You can't tell anyone, please." I said following him from close behind.

    We got to our seat and got our stuff out. The class went as usual, Miss Johnson teaching nonsense, Nick and I fooling around, Nick and I getting caught, Nick getting us out of trouble. It went by fast but the teacher didn't dismiss us until 10 minutes after the bell rang so we only had a 5 minutes break in between this and our next class.

    On my way to my normal route to my math class I bumped into Austin. Of course out of anyone I could bump into it as to be him, the one and only. It was strange to me cause he never comes on this side of school in the morning. He changed his schedule a couple of days ago for rugby. Either his schedule had change again or he went out of his way to see someone. I saw Sadie passing by us and giving him a flirty wink. He went out of his way to see her of course. Why did I think it was me.

    Nick was right he did look sad and angry. But as soon as we made eye contact he softened up a bit. I muffled a soft sorry and left. After all, I had my math class to attend. I left because of that not that seeing him up close made me want to get back with him. At least that's what I kept telling myself.

    My math class boring, as normal. At least the things we are learning right now are not so complicated and I got to finish the homework so that's good. I couldn't stop thinking about Austin, but a other person was on my mind a lot, Alex. Was I actually falling for Alex? Was I still falling for Austin? You can't love two people at once tho, right?

    The bell is what got me out of my day dreaming and out of my class as fast as possible. We had now a thirty minutes break until next period. Alex pop out from behind me and walk with me.

"So I talked with the rugby coach..." He said getting me excited.

"What did he say?"

"That he would love to see me on the field with the team next match!" I hugged him after he answered. I was so happy for him.

~4 pm~

    School was now over, finally. I made my way to the field behind the school to watch Alex's practice. Austin was there to, my eyes naturally went to him every time I tried to look away. My bubble popped when Katy arrived and sat next to me. Katy and a guy from the team had gotten pretty close at one point, but she told me it was nothing. I knew she was lying. Katy never watches sports for fun, so I knew she was there for him.

"So did you hear about the school dance next month?" She asked.

"Yes I did but it's in one month, I'm not gonna worry about it yet."

"Well maybe you should... I see the way you look at Alex and the way Austin looks at Sadie. You both look miserable, almost like your stuck." She took a long breath before she continued. "I know he cheated on you and that your not ready to forgive him yet, but you guys were in love. Not just the love from the movies or from the books you read. Real love, love you only feel once in a life time."

"Your right, I was in love but he broke my trust. You can't have love without trust." I say on the verge of crying.

"Chloe do what you want but I'm telling you, maybe you should rethink this fake relationship you have with Alex and get on with the boy who really loves you." She said with a corner smile.

"What do you mean fake relationship. Alex and mine relationship is as real as it can be." I say getting nervous.

"Chloe." She said raising one eyebrow. "I've know you since forever, I know you're faking it."

"Alright fine. How did you know we literally started yesterday!"

"I just do!" She laughed.

"Please don't tell anyone!"

"Of course I won't."

    There was a small moment of silence before I went on with a conversation.

"Enough about me now. What is really going on with you and that boy?"

    She smiled and started telling me all about him.