Fifteen

I got to my dormitory and it was already 9 pm, I knew Katy was already asleep, Nick would be in his room on his phone and Austin is probably still with Sadie. The fact that Austin was literally in tears on making me trust him again and gave me his diary to make me trust him and then he just goes ahead and has a romantic walk with Sadie around the halls just, doesn't sit right with me. Well what was I excepting, it's Austin were talking about, one minute his is a total gentleman who anyone could fall in love with and the next he's a real jerk who only thinks about himself.

    I walked in trough the brown, almost wood like door and saw Austin. Great. Just what I needed.

"Saw you were in Smith's dorm." He said not even looking at me.

"Yes I was. And why are you calling Alex by his last name?"

"Because I don't like him. He's getting to close to you." He said getting angry.

"Oh, pardon me your majesty. I didn't know you had to approve who I get close with!" I said doing a sarcastic bow. "I literally saw you holding hands with Sadie so don't even play the nice protective boy card on me."

    With that he looked at me straight in the eyes and said that that was different. Excuse me! If I can't hang out with one of my friends -there is no way I'm telling him about the dating part- then he can't either.

"The 'making you trust me again' thing is off." He said going straight to his bedroom.

"See if I care." I scoffed and made my way to my own. I can't believe him, and to think I was contemplating talking to him again. Unbelievable, the nerves this man has.

    I was now ready for bed but I wasn't tired, so I did what any person in their right. I started reading Austin's diary. I know it wasn't the right thing to do but it was the fun thing. I read two entries, the both of them having dried up tears mark on the paper. He had such a mature soul at such a young age, I always admired that about him. He wrote like he was in his twenties when in reality he wasn't even a teenager yet.

    August 13,
    9 years old.
    Today my parents announced that they are getting a divorce to me. I don't know what that means but they both had teary eyes and told     me they would always love me no Mather what. In no time mom already had a suitcase in her hand and was out the door. Before she     left she told me that she would see me next week and gave me a empty book. The one I'm currently writing in. I don't get it, did I do     something wrong? Was it my fault my mom and dad were getting a divorce. I think mommy is gonna come back tomorrow and this is     just a dream.
    Austin

    August 15,
    9 years old.
    Yesterday mom didn't come back. Dad said she was gone in a different house and that she would come to pick me up in three days. Two     days ago, when it happened, my dad locked himself in his bedroom. So I was alone the rest of the day. It was awesome! I had gummy     bears for breakfast, lunch AND supper. I don't know why dad didn't come to see me during the day. Did he not care about me anymore?     Yesterday was even worse for my dad. I saw on his phone a text from mom "the court day is Friday at 2 pm. Don't be late." He cried     once again most of the day. At least he made me food for all the meals. I still think that the gummy bears from yesterday were better,     but I wont tell him that.
    Austin

~the next morning~

    Argh!!! How do people get up so early in the morning. I swear I will never get used to it. I once again wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I go on my phone and accidentally open my camera. I almost scream out of fear when I saw my self. Baggy and tired eyes, extravagant all over the place hair and tears marks on my rose cheek.

    I knew the diary entries I read yesterday made me emotional but not this emotional! I mean what kinda of no-hearted person would do that to their own kid. I knew Austin had a ruff childhood but this, this is just sad. And the worst part is that it's only the beginning. I skipped thought a couple of pages last night and it only gets worst from there. I want to hug him.

    I took a shower and got ready. Today I opted for a simple grey sweat pants and a black long sleeve shirt. I put my hair in a messy bun and went out in the kitchen. To my surprise I was the first one there. I started making myself toast with butter when Nick came in along side of Katy.

"Hey Chloe, if you don't mind me asking, why were you in Alex's dorm last night?" I heard Nick say from behind me.

"Oh well, we are dating actually." I said hesitant.

"WHAT!" They both said at the same time.

"Yea..." I avoided all sort of eye contact.

"You and Austin broke up two days ago!" Said Katy still in shock.

"Austin moved on during the relationship. I think I'm aloud to move soon."

"Fair." Nick and Katy both said.

    After a while we were all done and I asked the worst question I could ask "Where's Austin, I didn't see him this morning?" Big mistake.

"Hum, well, he- went, to see Sadie last night." Said Nick uncomfortable.

"Oh ok." I said obviously hurt. He actually moved on. He meant what he said last night about not wanting my trust anymore. I know I said that I didn't care but deep down we all knew I cared.