Three

~the next day~

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I walked up in the living and it was literal chaos. We met not even 24 hours ago and they were already fighting!? Nick was screaming at his phone; he was on a call with one of his friend I thought. Katy and Austin were screaming at each other, they were all up in each other faces. As I walked in, all head turned on me.

"Care to explain what happened last night?" Katy said to me while giving Austin a weird look.

"Hum... I had a conversation with Alex?" I said raising one eyebrow, in confusion.

Nick walked away looking sad and disappointed. I tried and ignore it, keeping my attention on what Katy was saying.

"Then why did I see Austin come out of your room at like one in the morning?!" She asked unsatisfied with my answer.

"Hum...." I looked at him, giving me big eyes and nodding his head from side to side.

"I had a question about my schedule and I thought you were asleep, so I didn't want to wake you up." I said lying. Why was I protecting him when we had just met?

"Sure you did." She said walking away to the fridge.

"Ok! Well better get to class, don't want to be late on our first day, right?" I said trying to change the subject.

Katy, Austin and I walked to class together in a awkward silence.

"Where is Nick?" I said trying to break the ice.

"He's with his girlfriend." Austin responded in a annoyed voice.

"He as a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Do you ever stop talking?" He said angrily.

"Sorry, just trying to make a conversation..."

We walked the rest of the way in complete silence. We had different classes so we when we arrived in the common hall we went our separate ways. As I walked in my first class I saw that the only seat left was beside Nick. I made my way around the class to get to my seat, a teacher walked in. She just sat at her desk, looking at us dramatically.

"So, who are miss Davis and miss Brown?" My new English teacher asked.

I raised my hand as well as Melanie. I gave her a small smile since we already knew each other. She didn't even respond.

"Ah, the new students in this class. Chloe Davis and Melanie Brown will be joining us for the rest of the year, they will also make a presentation in front of the class to teach us about how their old school worked and how it was to change school in the middle of the semester. You have a lot to learn from them."

She then proceeded to clap her hands which made the lights close instantly. I heard Nick mumble something under his breath but I didn't quite catch it.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Oh it's nothing I just think that I don't really have a lot to learn from a girl who just arrived here and slept with her roommate." Nick said.

"Excuse me, what?! We met yesterday and you are already assuming things about me?" I said getting angry.

"You heard what I said"

"I just don't get it because it's not like it's my fault that the teacher wants me to do a ridiculous presentation about something that you all probably know already, plus I never slept with Austin he just tried to kiss me, and besides why would you care if I slept with him? Don't you have a girlfriend?" I said confidently.

"Yes I do have a girlfriend, jealous?"

"Pff, you wish"

"Davis, Armstrong, detention after school!" Said Miss Johnson before he could add anything else.

The rest of the class went good, slow, but good. As the bell rang I walked up to Melanie.

"So when do you want to work on the presentation?"

She just looked at me in disgust.

"Ya about that, how about you do all the work, and then I could present it in front of the class." She said with a attitude.

"Hum, well I'm not sure that's how a group project work. It's usually everyone works together." I said.

"Well I'm not working with you so it's either I present it or nothing."

"Ok fine, I'll do the presentation and you can present it." I said not in the mood to argue with her.