Twenty

The boys walked us to our dormitory and went to theirs after. Katy and I walked in our dorm and it was super quiet, Nick was in his room and Austin his. At least we know they didn't fight again.

    I dropped all my stuff in my room and went to Austin's door. I hesitated before knocking. I don't know if I would be disturbing him. I didn't even want to knock but my hand hit the door three time fast and solid. He open the door and let me in.

"Hi." He said opening to the door just enough for me to get in.

"Hey." I awkwardly responded.

    There was a moment of silence but it wasn't awkward at all. We were both enjoying each other's presence. Even if I despised him for what he did, I still had a soft spot for him.

"It was really not what it looked like." He said breaking the silence.

"You don't have to lie. I get it and I forgive you." No I don't get it and no I don't forgive you.

"What? You're just gonna forgive me?"

"Austin, I love you and I want you to be happy, I'm not gonna get in the middle of you and Sadie." I said tearing up.

"I love you too. Sadie is nothing to me I only love you." He said tearing up as well.

"Don't." I said has he tried to take me in his arms for a hug.

"Chloe, we could be together. Lets just give it a other chance. Give us a other chance."

"I can't, I can't trust you anymore." I said baking up against the wall. "I can't be in a relationship right now."

"But you can be in one with Alex?" He said getting angry.

"That's different."

"How is it different!"

"Maybe because he didn't cheat on me!" I said getting angry as well.

"Whatever that's in the past." He said obviously running out of arguments to say, he knew I was right but didn't want to admit it.

"So is this relationship!" I said getting out of his room.

"You moved on so fast. I hope your precious little Alex is wroth it." He said getting in the middle of his door way

"Don't you dare tell me that I moved on fast when you literally moved on DURING the relationship." I said going back to him.

"Yea well a person who truly loved the other one wouldn't have moved on so quickly!" He said

"Don't you get it! It's fake! Alex and I are not actually together!" I said wiping the tears that were know streaming down my face.

"What." He said putting his garde down.

"I'm going for a walk." And I left the dormitory.

    I could believe him, he basically just told me he didn't love me. All of our relationship was fake, he was probably using me to get to Sadie.

    I walked around the school for a bit when I heard footsteps so I quickly hid myself behind a wall. It was pass the curfew and I was not in the mood to get caught out of my dorm after hours just to get a detention. After the footsteps went quiet I continued to walk around the halls trying to calm down. I still had uncontrollable tears coming from eyes. I could even see where I was going.

    My head stayed low looking at the floor. I tried to keep it down as much as possible when I heard a loud noise coming from behind me. I brushed it off and took a turn to the left which led to a huge common room. I took the time to admire the picture on the wall. People smiling and dancing with their friends.

    I heard a other loud noise from behind me, I turn around and saw nothing. I simply thought it was all in my head and that I was imagining stuff. I continued my way around the room and saw a picture of the rugby team. I recognized Max and Austin, they were so happy. The whole team had one finger up motioning their first place victories. I smiled at the dark picture remembering the time I went to one of Austin's game he looked at me before making the final goal and leading his team to victory. Austin then came to me in the bleachers and gave me a peck on the cheek before running away with his team again. A other tear slips away from my eyes, sliding down my cheeks at the thought of the memory, the good old times where everything was either black or white. Nothing was complicated.

    The last thing I heard was the sound of a gun shot, a scream of regret, a scream of fear, and footsteps.

~~~

    The loud sound echoed in the room. The screams of regret. The fear in someone's screaming voice. The foot steps coming closer and closer to where I was laying on the cold, hard ground. It was dark but I could recognize his eyes from a lineup. His dark, yet luminescent eyes. They were looking down on me. A tint of satisfaction in his eyes. I heard her coming near "let's go we can't stay here to long, they'll catch us." The familiar voice from behind him. "Mom, dad?" They left. Gone for good. Vanished.

    It all happened so fast the next thing I knew someone was next to me on their knees. Tears were hitting my cheek, although, they weren't mine. The tears coming from the person I loved, the person I trusted, were now dancing with mine on my cheek, gliding down, hitting the floor.

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." He murmured under his crying breath.

    He cupped my face before my vision went black. I couldn't feel anything nor heard my own thoughts, cause I didn't have any. My mind was gone, so was my life. Right before my eyes. A simple "Don't leave me." Is the last thing I heard, and it was from him. I loved him with all my heart. All I did was love him since the beginning.

"And look where that got me." I thought looking in his bright green eyes. Tears coming from both of our eyes knowing it was the end. Austin.