Twelve

Nick and I got in our English class before anyone else. As time went by students kept pilling up in the classroom. I just stayed silence at my desk doodling looking down at my paper. The teacher walked in all flustered, as usual. She looked at us making her blond pony tail swing back and forth almost hitting her pink glasses in the process.

"Alright class pop quiz today." She said with her annoying high pitch voice.

    She passed a blank paper to everyone and sat at her desk. We were all confused as why she gave us a white sheet of paper. What were we supposed to do with it? After twenty minutes or so, Miss Johnson started reciting random phrases.

"Why aren't you guys writing what I'm saying?" She asked after her second sentence.

"Maybe because you never told us to." Nick whispers.

"Mr. Armstrong, detention tomorrow after school!" Miss Johnson said, to which I left out a chuckle.

"Miss. Davis, do you want detention as well?"

"No professor." I said looking down.

"Too bad, detention for you two after school!"

"Now back to the dictation." She continued.

    When the bell rang I took the most time possible, I knew Austin would be at the door and try to apologize. I didn't want to see him, talk to him or breath the same air as him.

"Oh my god Chloe could you be any slower." Nick said when we were the last people left in the class.

"I just dont want to see Austin, I know he's probably waiting form me outside the class room." I say tearing up.

"Chloe look at me." Nick said grabbing my shoulders. "You have been trough so much these couple of months and your just gonna let a player ruined you?"

"He didn't ruin me, I think he just made the glass fall to pieces."

"Chloe- you shouldn't even be here right now you broke her you literally cheated IN FRONT OF HER. You chose Sadie over your own girlfriend!" Nick said looking over my shoulder, mad.

    I turned around and see him. I can feel tears coming up to my eyes and falling down my cheeks. I turn around gathering all my stuff as quickly as possible and left the room. I felt a cold hand grab me. I knew it was Austin, it took all my power to not cave in and give him a hug and cry on his shoulder.

"I should get to my math class." I said looking at the floor. He let go of my forearm knowing he messed everything up.

    I got to my math class before everyone else. I knew Austin would be there since we have the same class. I made sure to sit in the front cause I knew he hated the front of the class. People started coming in and before I even knew it class was over. We had a thirty minutes break before the next class. I went up to my room and locked the door. I checked my phone for the first time this morning and it was blowing up. I got texts from Katy, Nick, Austin, Alex and Nick's mom. I decided to checked the ones from Nick's mom since she never text me so it use be important.

"Hey Chloe, its your aunt Josie. I just wanted to tell you that I'm gonna go talk to you in regards of adoption during lunch hours."

    Great. No no its not great it's, wonderful. My parents funeral was like yesterday, can't she just let me breath before she tries to replace them, my god! I read Alex's text next since I missed one of my best friends.

"Hi it's me... I know you probably don't want to talk to me but I already miss you. I realize that it wasn't my place to tell you about... the cheating, but I was frustrated and mad, and it just came out. But anyways if you forgive me please come to my dorm this evening, I have a something to propose to you ;)."

    I smiled at his text of course I forgive him, it was probably a bad idea to forgive so soon but what do I have to lose! I replied saying that I'll meet him at is dorm at 6 o'clock, after super. I was about to read the texts from Katy when she barges into the room.

"How did you get in, I locked the door?" I said confused.

"Not important."

"Well it kinda is."

"I may or may not of used a hair pin to unlock it."

"I thought that only worked in movies."

"Me too! But then I tried it and, well it obviously work." She said showing me the pin.

"So... how are you?" She asked a bit scared to talk about it.

"I don't know Katy, how would you be after you basically got cheated on, your teacher gave you detention for literally no reason at all, your aunt wants to adopt you and your best friend barged into your room?"

"I can leave if you want." She said walking towards the door.

"No! Please stay, I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way."

    She came and sat next to me. I was sitting on the carpeted floor next to my bed.

"Was it really that hard to make it to your bed you had to sit on the floor?" She said with a corner smile on her lips.

    I just burst out laughing. It felt good to laugh with her again.

"Did you say that your aunt wants to adopt you?" She said referring to what I said earlier.

"Ya she texted me saying she was gonna come by today to talk about adoption. Which for her means she already did everything and needs my signature."

"So your gonna be Nicks cousin and step sister?"

"Eww no, I'm never gonna consider him like a brother."

"Are you ready to talk about it?" She asked

"No."

"I just want you to know your the toughest person I know. I mean you went trough like two years worth of stuff in just a couple of months!"

    Just as I was about to replie we heard yelling in the living room. It sounded like Austin, Nick and Alex. Good thing my door was closed so they didn't know we were here.