Nine

He said it. The only words I wanted to hear. He said he loved me for the first time. Well not in these words but still. Even if its only been three days since we started dating we both knew the feeling was mutual. We both started writing our letters to each other. There was so much I wanted to say yet I couldn't bring myself to put anything on the paper. I could see Austin already had half his page all covered in words. After a while I got myself to write the full paper front and back. Austin finished a bit before me so he got up and went to play tennis. I watched him play a bit. He was throwing the ball back and forth between him and a tree and got upset when the ball didn't bounce back. I was finally done writing. I was proud of the letter I wrote him. I got up and caught him looking at me from the distance.

"What?" I say laughing while he ran up to me.

    He picked me up by my waist and did a bunch of spins with me still in his arms. He then kissed me and put me over his shoulder making sure I wouldn't fall. We laughed the hole way to the car with our letters in hand. We got in the car and he put is hand on my thigh squeezing it from time to time. We exchanged letters and promised to not open them. He had a rugby practice during lunch time so I went to go find Alex to finish our conversation from earlier. I saw him arguing with Sadie so I didn't bother. I went up to Katy and Nick who stopped talking as soon as I arrived.

"No Nick, she can't find out." Katy said almost yelling.

"Who can't find out what?" I asked when I arrived.

"Nobody and nothing." Nick said visually angry.

    I just nodded and went on with my day. I told them what Austin and I did and Katy was in aww's and Nick was unbothered, as usual. The rest of the day went by fast, I had history and social studies left so it was a breath of fresh air. When I got to my dorm at the end of the day I went to Austin's room and waited for him there to do our French project. I was laying on his bed about to fall asleep everything smelled like him, his sheets, his pillows, his blankets everything. It was comforting as I lay there peacefully falling asleep in his hoodie I had put on when I arrived.

    I woke up a bit later on someone's chest. I look up and see him looking at me with a soft smile forming on his face. We just laid there for another five minutes without saying anything and just appreciating the moment. We finally got up and started doing our project.

"Wait where did you find this sentence?" I asked confused since everything was in French.

"I think it was there." He said hovering over me pointing at a page form the book. "Si le moment s'adonne, le moment se passera."

"What?" I sais with the most confused look on my face.

"If the moment is right, the moment will pass."

    I met his gaze and we made eye contact. It felt like time stopped like we were the only one in the world. I never wanted this moment to stop. He conjoined our lips together putting one hand on my neck and one on my back while my hands were cupping his face. I could feel his heart starting to beat faster. Everything went so fast that we now on the verge of eating our faces out. I disconnected our lips and look at him with a concerned look on my face.

"I don't want this to escalate more or to fast..." I say looking down ashamed.

"I don't want to force you to do anything, do you feel like I'm forcing you." He said cupping my face.

"No. Yes. I don't know. It's just a lot. With my parents funeral tomorrow, I feel like Katy and Nick are hiding something from me, Alex still didn't tell me what he needed to tell me, you always going away with the cheer girls. I just-" I managed to say before breaking down in tears.

    Austin simply stayed there holding me and brushing through my hair with his jaw on top of my head. I stayed in his arms my tears leaving wet marks on his shirt. Listening to his resting heart beat, it was slow and steady. Calming. I eventually steadied my breathing and calmed down.

"Sorry about your shirt." I say looking up at him.

"It's fine." I said while letting a chuckle escape his mouth and smile down at me.

"If you ever feel like I'm rushing you or going to fast, just please let me know. Ok?" Austin said with tears eyes.

    I simply nodded in response. He kissed my forehead and we went to get a glass of water. That's when I realized that Katy and Nick were still not here and we were alone in the dorm.

"Do you know if Katy and Nick are hiding something from me? They're acting strange." I ask Austin who is getting two glass of water ready.

"No. To be quit honest I haven't even notice they were acting weird." He replied.

    We went back in Austin's room to finish our projet. When we finish it was about 9pm. So I went to go take a shower. When I came back I saw Austin, Nick and Katy sitting in the living room on their phone.

"Hi guys where were you?" I ask looking at both Katy and Nick.

"Library. Stupid French project." Nick said not even looking up from his phone.

"Are you guys hiding something from me?" I ask looking at both of them again.

"What no! I could never hide anything from you." Katy said.

"Then why are you guys always changing the conversation when I arrive in the room? At the party you guys said something along the lines of she can't find out..." I replied.

"Chloe just- I would never..." Katy said getting up and hugged me.