Nineteen

"So what did you want to ask me?" I asked Max.

"I want to make things official with Katy." He responded.

"Ok so do it." I shrugged. "How does that include me?" I said raising one of my eyebrow.

"How do I do it?"

"I don't know, where did you guys meet?" I said trying to help him.

"At the rugby field." He said confused.

"Ok then ask her there. I'm sure she's gonna love it."

"Oh! Ok, yea that could work." He said finally getting the point. "When do I do it? I want it to be unexpected." He said.

"Well not right no cause she is coming this way... Hi Katy!" I exclaimed.

"What are you guys talking about?" She said looking intrigued.

"Oh nothing much just the-"

"A surprise!" Max said interrupting me.

"For who?" She asked.

"For you of course!" Max responded taking her hands in his.

    Katy left after he said that looking super happy.

"What was that?" I said trying to bring Max's attention back to me.

"What do you mean." He said still looking at Katy walking away.

"I thought you wanted it to be a surprise?"

"I panic, plus she doesn't know that I want to ask her to be my girlfriend." He finally looked in my direction.

"No, but she suspects that something is up." I said shaking my head. "Well she knows something is up." I corrected myself.

"You don't know that."

    I simply gave him a 'are you being serious' look and told him to get the field ready in a hour since nobody was practicing today. He agreed and left.

    I made my way to my dormitory to finish my homework for today. Of course in my world, that was not possible. I entered the living room and saw Nick and Austin arguing, again.

"Guys can you stop yelling at each other!" I said screaming to quiet down their voices. I was getting tired of them always arguing. I know Nick is probably just trying to defend me against him but there comes a point where you simply stop.

"Whatever." They both said and walk to their separate rooms.

    I went in my room and finished my homework. I copied off of Max's French paper, the teacher is never going to know so its fine. It was now the time to bring Katy to the field to meet Max.

    I knocked on her door and we made our way to the field. She didn't stop to ask questions the hole way there. Where are we going? Is it about school? Are we meeting someone? Do you want to show me something? She was getting on my last nerve.

"Just wait and see." I said loosing my patience.

    After a walk of about fifteen minutes I finally got a text from Max saying that he was ready. I quickly hid my phone thankfully Katy didn't notice.

"Go ahead, I'll meet you at the field." I said bending down to fake tie my shoe lace.

"It's fine I can wait." She stoped walking.

"No, no go without me. I'll join you there."

"You're acting so weird right now." I heard her mumble under her breath as she walked away.

    I texted Max that she was coming and he sent me a thumbs up emoji. I saw that I had also a text from Austin. Argh, I thought I blocked his number.

"I'm sorry." He texted

"For what?" I answered.

"For whatever Sadie said to you today." He replied as soon as he saw the text.

    I tried to make him wait and not answer right away but I couldn't get myself to do it. "It's fine." I replied to him.

"No it's not fine. I know we broke up like 6 days ago but I don't want to lose you."

"You already lost me, Austin. Your the one who cheated on me remember." I texted him.

"Yes I know, but it was not what it looked like."

"We're not having this conversation trough text." I texted getting angry and emotional at the same time.

"Meet me in my room when you get back."

    I really wanted to forgive him, even if I knew it was the wrong choice. "Fine." I texted then made my way to the field to find Max and Katy.

    When I got there I saw a bunch of flowers spelling 'do you want to be my girlfriend Chloe?' I looked around confused at first then saw Alex coming from behind the bleachers with even more flowers in his hands. I laughed a bit knowing it was fake but we still had to pretend.

"So Chloe will you be my girlfriend?" Alex said giving me a wink. Nobody could see him so it was fine.

"Of course I will." I said embracing him in my arms.

    I saw Katy and Max come out form under the bleachers as well.

"Surprise!" They both yelled at the same time.

"We've been dating for like two weeks now." Max said noticing the confused look on my face.

"And you didn't tell me!" I said looking at Katy smiling.

"Oups." She said laughing as well.

    We all stayed on the field for a bit. We talked about nothing and everything. From our childhood to our dream job. We sat on the green grass until it was starting to get dark so we decided to go to our dorms for the rest of the night.