Thirteen

We heard the guys yelling so Katy and I immediately put our ears to the door and listened to their conversation. I know we shouldn't be heave dropping but guess what, we did it anyways. I didn't hear the beginning of the story but I assumed it was about me.

"YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING YOUR SELF INTO WHEN YOU TOLD HER THAT!" Austin screamed.

"I TOLD HER SINCE YOU CHEATED ON HER!" Alex screamed right back.

"MAN, WHY ARE SO PROTECTIVE OF HER YOU'RE NOT DATING ANYMORE!" I heard Nick shout.

"We are not officially broken up, it's just a fight." Austin said calming down.

    A fight. He cheats on me and it's just a fight. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. Isn't obvious that I don't even what to see him anymore. But, it's the first time I heard it out loud. Austin and I were over. Done. We were nothing. I stopped listening to their conversation and started tearing up.

"Was that Chloe?" I heard Austin say from the living room.

    Somebody walked in my room but I couldn't see who its was since Katy was in front of me. I heard even more people come in my room and someone rushed over to me. It was Austin.

"Guys can I be alone with her?" He said in a reassuring voice.

"No." Nick and Alex both said firmly.

"Come guys it's not like he's gonna do anything." Katy said dragging them out the door before giving me a encouraging look.

    Austin waited a couple of second before saying anything. He kept eye contact with me and started tearing up himself. He tried to hide it but was horrible at it.

"Look, I know you're not going to forgive me, and I don't want you to. I dont even know why I did it. I don't know what was going on in my mind, I'm pretty sure my mind was gone." He said making me and him shed a couple of tears. "I don't want you to forgive me just like that and pretend it didn't happen, because it did but... I can make you trust me again." He continued.

"Austin that is not how trust works you broke it, that's final." I said looking away from his eyes.

"No, no, don't talk like that. I wanna make a gesture for you every day starting right now. I can't loose you, I know we have only dated for a week but I love you, I really do."

    He seemed genuine. Before I even got to say anything he got up and left my room. I figured everyone else left since no came in to see me.

"There you go, my first move to make you trust me again." He said giving me a green and blue book.

"A book? You think a book is going to regain my trust. You know what, I knew this was a bad idea." I said leaving.

"Wait!" He rapidly stopped me. "It's not just any book it's my diary." He said looking at the floor.

"You have a diary." I almost laugh.

"Yes, very funny, huge rugby player Austin Huddleston as a diary." He said sarcastically, not even looking embarrassed. "I trust you with it, just like you can slowly, but still as fast as you can, trust me again." He smiled.

    I missed his smile. He looked like he was putting a lot of hope into this. Honestly, I was to. I really wanted to be able to trust him again.

"I should get to class, it's starting soon. Thanks, I guess." I said putting his diary in my backpack and left.

"Get out of my room!" I shouted when I was about to leave the dormitory. I see him quite literally sprint out of my room. I make my way to my French class think of what could be in his diary. His childhood -I hope so, he never talks to me about it-, his parents -I know they died when he was about 13 years old but once again, he never talks about it-, maybe it's nothing and this hole thing is just a prank.

    The class flew by. Austin wasn't there because of a rugby thing. It was now lunch break. I got a text from my aunt Josie saying that she was here. I was not prepared mentally for this. I was dreading this all morning. I meet her in the court yard in front of the school. I meet Nick on my way there and he offered to come with me, since his mom can be... let's be nice and say impulsive.

    We got outside and saw her sitting at one of the grey tables made of ciment with what seemed to be a awfully lot a paper work.

"Hi." I say as we stepped foot on the green grass at the bottom of the table.

"Hi sweetie how are you?" She said give both Nick and I a embrace.

"So what is all this." I said point at the papers playing dumb.

"So as I told you, I decided that it would be best to adopt you. You know winter break is coming up soon and well, your parents are dead so they wont be taking care of you anytime soon!" She was trying to make a joke. Neither Nick or I laugh. "I already did all the work all you need to do is sign there, there and there." She said pointing at three places on three different papers.

"Hum... ok." I said shakily. What other options do I have I'm 16 years old its not like I can take care of myself.

    After I was done signing the empty lines. She took a confetti gun out of her purse and jump around with me in her arms. I don't know how she did it, she's like 4 feet tall and I'm 5'4. Plus, why was she so excited, her sister and brother-in-law died and she adopted their daughter. People were now staring, it was getting really uncomfortable.