Ten

I woke up the next day with a sore throat. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to go to my parents funeral. Austin entered my room with a tray full with all my favourite breakfasts, there was waffles, pancakes, eggs, fruits. He sat down next to me putting the tray on my bed.

"How do you feel?" He said kissing my head.

"I just don't want it to be real. When I see their coffins being buried underneath the ground I just know it's going to break me." I say tearing up just think about it.

"I don't want you to forget that you can always come to me for anything ok?" He said looking dead into my eyes.

"Thank you. For everything."

"I love you, Chloe I would do anything for you."

"I love you" I replied and giving him a peck on the lips.

    We ate the breakfast he had prepared and went to get ready. Katy and I helped each other pick what to wear. I opted for a loose black dress that went to my knees and Katy wore a shirt and a pair of pants that's were both all black. We met the boys in the living room, they were both wearing a dark coloured tux.

"Well don't you look ravishing." I said walking up to Austin and flattening out his tux on his chest.

"We should get going." Nick said obviously uncomfortable.

"I'll drive!" I said getting excited.

"NO!" All three of them yelled at the same time.

"I'm a good driver! Austin and I went practicing in the parking lot." I said

"You just turned 16 years old you can't drive yet." Nick said.

"Whatever! You guys don't know what your missing." I say rolling my eyes

"Yes, death." Austin said firmly.

    I lightly hit him in the stomach and we all got downstairs and in Austin's car. I was in the passenger seat while Katy and Nick were in the back. We get to the place where the funeral is taking place. As we get in the building made out of bricks Nick's mom is at the door handing out red and blue glasses. She told us it was to watch the movie of my parents life that she made and to sit wherever we wanted. I was a bit sad knowing I didn't get any say in the plan of the day, I mean it's me parents funeral I should be the one to plan it and not some random person who apparently is my aunt but I met her literally two month ago. Whatever. After about 40 minutes of waiting and having little chats with people I don't even know, the movie started.

    I was ambivalent. The movie, or should I say series of pictures, was beautiful. You saw my parents grow up together, you saw their ups, their downs, their happy, their sad. Everybody was in tears. They played my mom's favorite song. She used to play it all the time. Daisies by Katy Perry. God I hated that song, my father too. Now I can't help but smile when I hear it. I see my mom and dad dancing in the living room, well my mom dancing and my dad being forced to dance with her. I miss her. I miss him. I miss them.

"I will now invite Chloe to come join me and give a speech." I heard my aunt say. I didn't prepare anything I just went with my heart.

"Thank you Josie." I took a deep breath trying not to cry. "My parents were the best ones out there, I know every child says that but they truly were." I say tearing up. "My parents taught me everything I know from how to ride a bike to how to truly love someone. They were two heart in one." I didn't even realize how much I was crying until I wiped a tear away. I continued and finished my speech and went back to my seat looking down.

~after the ceremony~

    I looked at the two tombstones on the green grass, the sun hitting my bare shoulders. I didn't say anything but I knew they were listening. I knew they understood. I feel two harm hands lightly pressing on my shoulders. I look up and see Alex. My parents were really close to our neighbours back home. We stayed in silence for a while looking at the stones in front of us.

"You never got to tell me what was going on Monday..." I say breaking the silence.

"Oh, that's not important right now."

    I simply nodded in response. I wonder what he, Katy and Nick all knew. But I didn't give it much thought, if they didn't want to tell me it's probably for a good reason. Right?

"I know what could make you feel better." Alex smirked

"What?" I say a bit hesitant.

"Well remember when you were like five years old and you tried on your mom's wedding dress?"

"I thought you had forgotten about that!" I say embarrassed.

"How could I, you were adorable! Well I was like six at the time but whatever. Anyways we should all go try some on!"

"And by all you mean me and Katy while you, Austin and Nick watch?" I say with a laugh.

"Excuse me I would look fantastic in a weeding dress!" He said pulling his hand on his chest pretending to be offended. I smile at his foolishness.

"Thank you." I say looking at him in the eyes.

"Anytime!" He said looking me back in the eyes

"You know, I almost feel like there not gone, like there still watching me." I say looking down.

"We should get going!" He said obviously uncomfortable.

"Yea..."

    He helped me get up and we went to go find the others. We got in Austin's car and left.
As we got in the all white building a old lady approached us.

"Hey guys welcome to the Bridal Centre how may I help you today." She said crossing her hands in front of her. She was all dressed up, it was cute for a lady her age.

"We're just looking thanks." Katy answered awkwardly.

    Katy and I picked a couple of dresses and went to go try them on. We were now on our last dress and having a blast. Katy went out first looking beautiful as usual. I called Alex to come help me tie my dress up since I couldn't do it. He got in the dressing room and stop.

"You look, lovely." He said in amazement.

    I smiled. He tied my dress up and went back on the beige couche in front of a huge mirror outside of the dressing room. I stayed back looking at myself trough the mirror of the fitting room. My blond hair was in a messy pony tail, my under eyes were a bit red from the makeup remover wipes, but I did look lovely. the long white dress attached to my body the glitters all the way down the rims of the dress. It was perfect.