Eighteen

I wrote a small message on a piece of paper 'I think that's yours.' I put it on the old looking book and dropped it in front of Austin door. I knocked on the door and left before I could see him. I could see light from under his door so I knew he was awake. After that I got ready and went to bed since it was now around 10 o'clock.

~the next morning~

    It was now Thursday. The annoying sound of my alarm echoed in my room. I hate waking up. I simply put on some sweat pants and a hoodie, I couldn't bother to get ready. I open my door and saw chaos. The living room was a mess and the kitchen was basically upside down. I made my way to the other side of the dormitory, only to see Alex, Nick, Katy and Austin yelling at each other. I honestly was so feed up with them, I took a apple from the bowl on the kitchen counter and left. I don't think any of them noticed since I could still hear yells when I closed the door.

    I made my way to my English class while taking my time. I walk outside enjoying the bring November sun. There was a small wind coming my way which was making my hair go backwards.

    I was now in my English class every one was there except Nick. Miss Johnson started teaching something about verbs and stuff. I wasn't listening my thoughts were going back and forth between Alex and I, Austin and I, my friends argument this morning, Nick not being here, the dance, Austin and Sadie, the rugby game that was coming soon, the bus ride to the game. I got out of my thoughts once the teacher called me out asking me about my answer. I just told her a random thing to which she shook her head.

    It was now third period, still no sign of Nick. I asked Katy and Alex but they haven't seen him either. Katy said that after their argument of this morning he said he was going to class, obviously not.

    Lunch, still no sing of Nick. I was getting a little bit worried. I tried to push it off since I knew Nick could take care of himself.

"Aren't you guys worried about Nick?" Katy said breaking the tension between Alex, Max, herself and I.

"Nick is a strong guy, he could fight anyone he wants." Max said with his mouth full of pizza.

"But like, what if he was taken by aliens or dinosaurs!?" Katy said.

"Katy the dinosaur have been extinct for like 60 million years-" I said

"65 millions actually." Alex said interrupting me.

"And how would you know that smarty pants?" I said tilting my head to the side. "We're you there when they got hit by the asteroid?"

"Well darling," he put his arm around my shoulders. "the asteroid hitting the earth, making the dinosaurs die, is in fact just a theory."

    I scoffed and moved his arm away, to which he let out a chuckle.

"I'm serious what if he's hurt." Katy said as serious as can be.

"Katy is right maybe we should be worried about the aliens that took him." Max said trying to hold a laugh in.

"It's Nick, he's probably the one who would took the aliens and play crazy 8 or something." Alex said.

"You guys are idiots." Katy said rolling her eyes watching us laugh.

    I made my way to my next class, history. It was a easy cours if you listen the full time. It went by fast and the next thing I knew it was almost the end of the day. My social studies class was about to start so I left my friends who all had the same class and walked to Mr. Robert's class when I bumped into Sadie and her minions, including Melanie.

"Hey Chloe, how are you?" She asked with the fakest smile I've even seen in my life.

"I'm alright thanks." I said giving her a weird smile and walking away. Why was she talking to me?

"So I heard you and Austin broke up." She said with a evil smirk. There it is, that's why she wants to talk to me.

"Yes, we broke up."

"What a shame." She said laughing and walking away followed by her friends.

    Gosh! Can a person be more annoying? Her little laugh that irritates everyone ears within a 20 miles radius.

    I turned around and bumped in none other than the one and only, the man himself, Austin Huddleston. How do I always bump into him, there is like two thousand students in this school, but it has to be him. I said a quite sorry and left. He grabbed my arm and pulled my back next to him.

"What did Sadie say to you?" He asked. Seriously? We broke up not even a week ago can't he just let me breath a bit?

"Nothing important." I said leaving.

"Alright." I heard him say from behind me. He's truly pathetic. He thinks he can just cheat on me then talk to me like nothing happened in the next week? Pff

    I eventually got to my social studies class. I don't really mind it, we just talk the hole period. The bell rang announcing that school was finally over for the day. I went to my locker to put out my books when Max came and talked to me.

"Hello Chloe." He said coming from behind me without making any noise.

"Oh my god! You scared me." I said putting my hand on my chest felling my heart beat super fast.

"So I wanted to ask you if you could help me with something." He said moving to my side and putting his back on the locker next to mine.

"Is it the French homework? Cause if it is I'm sorry but I don't get it either."

"No, no its not that, but I could help you with it. French is my best subject."

"Lucky I never get what the teacher says." I said finishing to put my books away. "So what do you want to ask me?"

"I want to make things official with Katy."