Chapter 11

Warning: language, PTSD, etc.

***

I woke up to the sound of a thump coming from the living room. It was the middle of the night and Jacob wasn't beside me in bed. It must be a burglar or some shit. As quickly and quietly as I could, I put on the first thing on the ground which was Jacob's pair of jeans and his army jacket. After hurriedly putting them on, I seen a hunting knife randomly on the dresser, so, I picked it up and walked out of the bedroom, ready to kick someone's ass. Footsteps could be heard from the living room; it sounded like someone was pacing. Once I entered the room, I didn't see an intruder, I seen Jacob. The oldest Seed sibling was pacing in front of the couch in just his underwear. His eyes were wide, almost as if he was scared. Now I understood why he was doing that; he was diagnosed with PTSD.

Immediately, I frowned realizing that he must've had a nightmare. I know what that's like. It's pure shit. I walked over to him slowly because I didn't want to scare him. Jacob was unaware I was awake, let alone in the same room with him. "Jacob? Are you alright?" I asked softly.

The man literally had to do a double-take. I must've startled him. Crap.

"What're you doing up, Axl?" Jacob's voice sounded raspy as he sat down on the couch, rubbing his head with his hands.

"Um, I woke up cause I heard something in the living room and I thought there was an intruder... So I came in here to check it out and kick their ass-"

"What're you wearing?" Jacob interrupted me and looked me up and down. "And what're you doing with my knife?"

I looked down at what I was wearing and the knife in my hand. "Oh... Well... Ya see... I didn't want to be naked fighting off an intruder so I put on the first things I could find and reached for the first thing I seen to use as a weapon... Sorry." Then, I placed his sharp hunting knife on the coffee table. I proceeded to sit down beside him on the couch. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, wanting to help him.

"No." He grumbled.

"Just let me comfort yo-" I pleaded while placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't need comforting, Johnson! Just go back to bed!" Jacob yelled as he shook my hand off his shoulder and stood up; walking to the other side of  the house.

"Well fine! I was just trying to help you, prick!" I shouted as I stomped off to his bedroom and slamming the door.

I took off his jacket and jeans and threw them to the floor, crawling back in the bed. It was 3:37AM. Almost instantly, my eyes started getting heavier and heavier, lulling me into a deep, dreamless sleep.

~~~

Waking up to the smell of breakfast was unusual. I noticed that it was 9:12AM; this is too fucking early. Raising up, I slid out of bed, and put on my clothes from last night. I neatly folded Jacob's clothes and laid them on his side of the bed and made my way to the smell emitting from the other side of the cabin. The aroma of breakfast food disseminated throughout the whole cabin, but became stronger as I came upon the kitchen. I bursted through the door to see Jacob, still only in his boxers, slaving over the stove, making eggs with a minimal amount of bacon.

"Are you just gonna stand there and watch?" Jacob asked almost mockingly.

I rolled my eyes, "Narcissist." I paused for a moment, collecting my thoughts. "Now where's my breakfast?"

"Pfft. I'm not gonna hand it over to you. I made it, you can at least get your ass over here and get it yourself." Jacob scoffed as he continued to make some more eggs.

"Fuck you." I stood up and walked over to him to grab my plate, all the while, giving him a glare; I then sat down at the table. "Fried is better." I stated as I took a bite of the scrambled eggs, wanting to get on his nerves; in my opinion, fried is better than scrambled.

"Beggars can't be choosers. Take it or leave it, Miss Princess." He said sarcastically as he finished up with his eggs and two slices of bacon and placed them on his plate. Jacob sat at the other end of the table, beginning to eat his food.

"When the hell do you train your soldiers? I can't wait until you get the fuck outta my hair."

"Well guess what?! You can leave right out that door right now and I wouldn't give a damn! Go ahead, walk out in that goddamn three feet of snow!" Jacob raised his voice as he glowered at me. "I didn't have to cook you breakfast, BUT I DID!"

"Well you're the one that saved my ass! TWICE! Did I ask you to?! NO! You should've left me out in that motherfucking snow and let me freeze to death! It would've been so much better to die than be here with your sorry fucked up ass!" I screamed, anger coursing my veins. "And did I ask for this food?! HELL TO THE NO! MY EGGS AREN'T EVEN FRIED! WHO THE HELL DOESN'T LIKE FRIED EGGS?! And who the hell doesn't drink coffee with their breakfast?!"

Jacob started laughing at me; and when I say laughing, I mean stomach hurting, making you want to piss yourself, etc.

"What the fuck is so funny?" I scowled, now starting to inhale my bacon.

"You're crazy." Jacob chuckled, barely breathing.

"Oh, like you ain't. Murdering, cult-leading, man-eatin-"

"I didn't say I weren't."

"Whatever." I grumbled and dropped my empty plate in the sink.

"I called off training since you can't train in the snow, obviously. But, I plan on it as soon as the weather permits." Jacob assured while getting up to put his plate in the sink as well.

"Well this snow better hurry up and melt then cause I'm sick of you."

"I'm sick of you too, pup."

I'm writing this and I'm thinking to myself, WHY IS JACOB HAVING ALL THESE MOOD SWINGS😂

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!🥳

Thank y'all for the support!

Much love,
kittycatlukey❤️