Chapter 5

Warning: language, violence, cult talk, partial nudity, etc.

***

As soon as I got close to the Silver Lake Trailer Park in my Jeep, I park it about one fourth of a mile away, so, in case any Peggies are there, they wouldn't see my Jeep or hear its engine. Getting out of the vehicle, I retrieved a cigarette from the pack and lit the cancer stick; then, I lifted it to my lips, breathing in the deadly smoke. After a few minutes, the cigarette was done. Throwing it on the ground and stomping on it, I made my way on foot to the trailer park, making sure I have my sniper, shotgun, AR, pistol, and knife. Once the Silver Lake Trailer Park came into view, my radio buzzed.

"Look out, Deputy. I just got word that the trailer park has been surrounded by cultists. They think we've kidnapped the defector and they're gonna do everything in their power to save him. Our people are cornered. You gotta act fast!" Jerome informed me through the radio.

"Copy that, Jerome. Deputy out." I replied to Pastor Jerome as I made my way closer to the trailer park. Once I scoped out the place with my binoculars, I got out my favorite weapon- my handy dandy suppressed sniper. I was a Marksman for a reason. Immediately, I started to snipe any Peggie that was in my crosshairs. Every Peggie I seen was killed, but there could still be more here. Despite the fact I don't see any more, doesn't mean I can let my guard down. Instantly, I slung my sniper over my shoulder and took out my shotgun, ready to kick some more Peggies' asses.

As soon as I had the defector's house in sight, I placed my shotgun in its holster on my back; that was mistake number one. Once I did that, I knew I fucked up. A Peggie I didn't know was hiding behind the trailer rushed over to me, pushing my shoulders, causing me to fall on the ground. The cultist began choking me, not enough to kill me, but just enough air to barely be able to breathe.

"Who gave you those bruises, huh?" The cultist teased me. "I heard it was John."

"What the fuck are you talkin' about?"

"The ones on your neck, sinner."

I just came to the realization that he was talking about the bruises on my neck. John must've been the one to do that. That fucking bitch. I've been too busy to notice them.

"I've been fuckin' your wife." I smirked as he started to choke me even harder, almost cutting off my entire air supply.

The cultist's eyes filled with rage. "No way would Cara mess around with a sinner! Let alone a female! My wife loves me thank you very much."

"Hmm... I don't think so. Cara came to me yesterday crying saying how your dick is so damn small and she wants me to please her. So, I did. I fucked her real good. My fingers in her pussy. Mmm. She choked me yesterday just like you are right now, but I was more turned on when she was doin' it, no offense. And don't get me started on her luscious body. I wish I was lickin' that pus-"

"ENOUGH!" The cultist yelled in frustration as he attempted to land a punch on me, but first, I kicked him in the nuts, causing him to grunt in pain and fall over limp in the grass.

It took me a few seconds to get up, but when I did, I took out my pistol. "You can't take a joke. What a shame. Guess I'll be fuckin' your wife while you're just laying here, dead. Limp dick." I shrugged and shot him right in the forehead, making my way to the trailer. Opening the door, the defector was laying in the kitchen floor, tied up. I knelt down, "Hey, listen. I'm gonna do my best to protect you, ok?"

The defector just laid there, acting like he didn't hear me. I just shrugged my shoulders and went out on the front porch to talk to the resistance leader.

"If he says he wants to leave Eden's Gate, then we gotta try 'n help him!" The resistance leader told me as I walked up to him.

"I agree. I'll do my best to protect him." I smiled a small smile and got in position.