Chapter 44

Warning: language, mild violence, slight drinking, etc.

***

The Next Day—

After a couple long days of looting supply drops, securing Highwaymen outposts and taking back our ethanol to upgrade Prosperity, meeting Irwin and gaining his trust, recruiting Nana, Doctor Selene, Grace Armstrong, Pastor Jerome, Sharky, Gina Guerra, Hurk Junior, helping Nick with his plane, rescuing two pet companions, Timber and Horatio, and getting scolded by the Twins with Sam, the two of us came back home to Prosperity to rest.

"Open the gates!" One of the men up top yelled as the gates opened so Cap and I could enter.

Sam and I were on good terms and I'm glad he didn't make anything awkward; I'd honestly almost forgotten about the incident and it never crossed my mind since it happened. Anyway, the two of us fist-bumped as we went our separate ways; he went to his bedroom and I went to mine. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Jacob said from the other side as I opened the door; he was putting my guitar back on my guitar stand while I walked over to him.

"You know how to play?" I asked incredulously; he's never told me before...

"No."

"Want me to show you how?"

"No."

"You need to stop being so fucking stubborn and ridiculous."

"They're having some kind of shindig tonight. Dinner or some shit." Jake scowled, avoiding my statement as he sat on our bed.

I nodded my head while I yawned. "I need a quick nap before then. I'm tired and I haven't had any sleep in days. Move."

"You don't tell me when to move."

I giggled as I playfully smacked his forehead while he grabbed my waist, gently throwing me on our bed so he wouldn't hurt me.

Jacob started blowing raspberries on my neck causing me to jerk away. "Somebody's ticklish." He chuckled as he did it again.

"Stop." I laughed, trying to escape his hold.

"Never."

Three Hours Later—

I woke up to Jacob holding me as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Standing up, I shook Jake awake to notify him of the little party in a few minutes.

"Jake, wakey wakey." I tenderly kissed his forehead as he raised up, stretching his arms above his head, then laying back down.

"Fuck."

"Just get up you big baby."

His eyes shot back open at the sarcastic remark; that's when I knew I fucked up as my eyes went wide.

"You're gonna regret that." He chuckled as he threw the covers off of himself, sprinting over to me, lifting me up on his shoulder, tickling me.

"Stop old man!" I laughed and jerked hard, desperately wanting to be put down.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, ruining our cute little moment. Jacob quickly put me down before someone barged in. It was Carmina.

"Hey guys! The party's in a few minutes! Just letting you know. Bye!" Carmina exclaimed happily as she left.

That was really quick.

"I'm glad we weren't doing anything."

"Yeah, me too. We need to start locking our door at all times." I stated as I put my revolver and hunting knife in their designated holsters; you never know when shit could hit the fan.