Epilogue (Thanks so much for reading!♥️)

Warning: language, angst, MAJOR FLUFF🥺, etc.

***

After killing Ethan, Jacob, Joseph, and I went to go to Prosperity. The Father was a bit sad that his only son died, but he knew it needed to be done and he understood that. I still felt incredibly guilty though... Anyway, once we made it to Prosperity, I wanted to visit Rush's grave as Joseph went over to talk to John and Faith. My boyfriend walked me over to my friend's grave as I kneeled down.

Carmina snuck up behind me, "He'd be so proud of us."

I craned my neck to look at her and sent her a small, emotional smile.

"Look at what we've built together. How how far we've come. There's always going to be trouble out there, but we'll manage, right?" Carmina grinned at me, walking closer.

I nodded, a lone tear falling down my cheek; I couldn't speak because if I did, my voice would crack and I didn't want her or Jacob to hear that.

Carmina handed me a bottle of beer.

The gift was genuine and it made me smile a real smile.

She sat down beside me in the grass, looking at Rush's grave. "There were so many times I thought we were going to fail. That all this would be for nothing. But we just didn't give up. Because we had hope. Here's to hope." Carmina raised up her bottle of beer and clung it with mine.

I turned the bottle up, taking a huge gulp and savoring the taste. We all three stared out at the sunset. Hope County was so beautiful.

"Let's head inside." Jacob suggested as he offered me his hand.

Confused, I took it anyway, pulling myself up off the ground. "You're being a gentleman." I smiled up at him.

Jacob chuckled, "I'm always a gentleman, little lamb." He wrapped his hand around my waist; my boyfriend glanced back at Carmina as she gave him a panicked look and sent him a thumbs up, heading inside.

My eyebrows pulled together as I looked back up at Jacob. "What the fuck was that all about?"

"I dunno, don't look at me." He replied shrugging his shoulders, looking smug.

I brushed it off as I gazed at the enchanting Montana sky; the world was a bright shade of pink with a bunch of orange, some tints of red in there as well.

"Orange skies at night, sailor's delight." Jacob smiled as we both gazed up at the sky.

I almost busted out laughing.

"What?" He asked, bewildered at what I was laughing at.

"It's red sky at night, sailor's delight." I corrected him, a huge smile on my face.

Jacob grumbled a small, "Whatever," as he brought me inside the open gates of Prosperity.

Our home was magnificent... it seemed so unreal... Clear lights were strung everywhere, pink flowers were planted all over the ground, and every person in Prosperity was holding a candle.

I turned around to look at Jacob and ask him what the hell all this was when he held out a simple diamond ring as he was kneeling down on one knee.

"Axl... When I first met you in the army, we both hated each other's goddamn guts. I don't know how we got together, but we fuckin' did it, baby. John had this whole... pft... this whole grand spankin' idea of decoratin' the place and it was all him... I'm gettin' too old for this shit... And I realized that and I wanted to marry you before I die. I didn't recite a whole damn speech, I'm just saying what's on the top a' my head. You know I'm not good at this kinda shit, but I tried my goddamn best. I wanted this to be special enough for my special girl because you're my world. I cannot afford to lose you... You deserve a whole big ass proposal and I hope I did good enough. I wanted to give you a real ring this time... And pup, will you make me the happiest goddamn man alive and be my wife?" Jacob smiled up at me.

I believe I was beaming as bright as the sun. My eyes were burning like hell and tears were cascading like a damn waterfall down my face. I nodded like crazy to his question. "Of course!" I smiled as I crashed into him, hugging him as tight as I could.

"Let me put the ring on your finger, honey."

"Oh, yeah." I giggled as I let go.

He then placed the simple, gorgeous diamond ring on my finger. "Only you." Jacob whispered to me as a single tear fell from his eye.

The End—

I've dreaded this moment... And I hate to say it, but this is the end of the story🥺 Only You is the first book I've ever written and I cannot believe the amount of reads/support I've received. I want to thank each and every single one of you who have read the entire book, voted, and commented; it makes my heart so happy and makes me want to write even more for you guys💜 This book has reached its ending and I hope that all of you have enjoyed reading. I love you guys!🥰 Y'all are awesome! Stay safe during this pandemic 😷
Best regards,
kittycatlukey :)