Chapter 28

Warning: language, flirting, mild violence, etc.

***

[Back to Axl's Point Of View/ POV]

I had to relearn how to walk again due to muscle atrophy from being in a coma for about three months. From being in a coma and the negligence of Eric's care, I went from 175 pounds of muscle to around 106 pounds of skin and bone. After losing all my muscle tone, I was determined to start working out again. My ass was too stubborn to go to rehab, so, I held onto Jacob's arm in our living room, learning how to walk again... I felt like such a baby, but Jacob told me that it was natural to have muscle atrophy after a coma. He said that I was strong to have survived everything I went through, but I'm not sure if I believe that... I didn't complain at all because Jacob stayed by me side the entire time, helping me through this dismal and melancholic time.

"You're getting better." Jacob complimented me as I slowly was able to walk at his speed.

"Yeah... I just need to learn how to do it on my own again." I frowned as we were now located in the kitchen, me gripping onto his arm to keep myself from falling face first onto the linoleum. "I think I need to sit back down, Jake."

"Okay. Come on." Jacob softly replied as he got behind me holding onto my hips.

"What're you doing?" I questioned incredulously.

"Walk." He ordered as he held onto my hips, gently urging me forward. "You're so goddamn skinny."

"I couldn't help it, Jacob, it wasn't my fault. I'm gonna try to gain some weight and muscle, but I need to relearn how to walk first." I scowled as I took slow, cautious baby steps.

"I need you to lay down and rest."

"I've rested for three months." I rolled my eyes as he led me to the bedroom.

"You've had a long day. I'll fix you some dinner so just take a quick nap." Jacob and I finally entered our bedroom and he placed me on the bed. "Now, don't get up from this bed." He pointed his finger at me sternly.

"You're not my dad."

"Yes I am." He smirked as he kissed my neck. "Stay in bed."

"I'm not weak." I protested, my fingers digging into the bedsheets, tempted to throw them out the motherfucking window.

"You're not weak, but I will still cuff you to this bed." Jacob threatened me, his strong hands pinning my wrists above my head. "Don't you think I won't."

Despite the threat, I flashed him a flirtatious smile while I had a naughty glint shining in my eyes. "Kinky... I like it."

Jacob licked his lips, his baby blue eyes staring deep into mine. "I can show you a good time, honey."

My heart skipped a beat as I raised my eyebrows, a slight blush forming on my cheeks. "I'm starving. Can you fix me some food first?"

"Sure thing. What do you want?"

"Anything meat."

"My kind of girl." He winked at me as he left for the kitchen.

I laid in bed, deep in thought. This was the first time I actually had the chance to think about all that happened... That bastard Eric captured me when I was trying to search for him to kill him, he held me captive for God knows how long, Dr. Charles Lindsey informed Jacob of my whereabouts, my boyfriend found me and killed Eric, but not without me getting almost beaten to death and shot first. I fell into a coma from the blood loss and all that trauma I was put through, losing around sixty-nine pounds in the process. Finally, I woke up from being in a coma for about three months with muscle atrophy. And throughout it all, Jacob stayed by my side. The thought made me smile and almost want to cry tears of pure joy.

Being in a coma sure does make you exhausted. Meanwhile, I fell asleep after contemplating about everything.

I woke up to thumps and muffled yells coming from the kitchen. Opening my sleepy eyes, I rubbed them to unblur my vision. Pushing myself up off the bed, I made my way to the door slowly. Taking my time and holding onto the wall, I finally made it to the kitchen to find Jacob on his knees with a gun pointed to his head.

My Winter Break ends tomorrow and I'll be overloaded with schoolwork... I'm sorry if my updates get slower, but please bear with me✨☺️
Thanks for reading and supporting!
Love you guys🤍
Stay safe out there😷
-kittycatlukey :)