Chapter 23

Warning: language, violence, etc.

***

[Jacob's Point Of View / POV]

I was with Brady, one of my Chosen, and a few of my Judges out in the woods near the Veteran's Center. I retrieved one of Axl's sweaters in my office and let the Judges smell her scent so they knew what they were tracking. We were hiking in the direction she went off to. After a few hours of searching, one of my Judge's sniffed the air, causing me to freeze. The Judge howled as it charged north. Brady, the other three Judges, and I were chasing after the other Judge; he must've smelled Axl. I was the first to reach the Judge as he sniffed the ground.

He was sniffing Axl's revolver. Kneeling down, I picked it up. Yep. Her initials were carved on the handle of the gun.

A. G. J.
(In case you didn't know, Axl's middle name is Grace.)

What really made me worry was the fresh blood beside her revolver. She wouldn't just abandon her gun like that... and why is there blood? Is she hurt? Or worse?

Panic starting surging through me.

I screamed bloody murder as Brady trembled and the Judges went in alert mode and were confused. "WHERE IS SHE?!" My breathing started getting ragged. "BRADY, GO BACK TO ST. FRANCIS! SEARCH PARTY, NOW!"

"I-I'm on it, s-s-sir!" Brady quivered as he hurriedly ran back to the Veteran's Center.

"RUN FASTER!"

"You've g-got it, sir!"

A Week Later—

[Back To Axl's Point Of View / POV]

I was laying on the ground after another one of Eric's beatings. At this point, I was just laying there, bloody, bruised, exhausted... ready for all this to be over... for Eric to just kill me and get this over with... but I know he won't. He wants to make me suffer.

"Just fucking kill me already, pussy!" I shouted as I shakily got up on my feet.

My entire body was covered in bruises and scratches. I guarantee I had a few broken ribs too. My nose was probably broken, my lip was busted, hell, one of my eyes were black. Even though I was still in chains, I dodged his roundhouse kick, which made him furious.

"I'm not done with you yet." Eric laughed angrily.

Then, surprisingly, he charged at my stomach and rammed my back into the wall, causing my back to make a sickening crack as my ass landed on the hard, cold floor. I yelped from the pain. My back was guaranteed broken now. My previous back injury in the army made this ten times worse and made this more agonizing. For the first time in a long time, I cried... not just from the pain, but from the realization that Jacob wasn't coming for me. If he was truly looking for me, I believe he would've already found me. I just wanted to give up.

Eric then stood up, analyzing me and my injuries.

I was immobile, not able to move at all. "Jacob." I whimpered as I closed my eyes while tears cascaded down my cheeks. My eyes were burning and red from all the tears, but at that moment, I couldn't care less and opened my eyes. "Are you happy?! Are you happy with all this pain you caused me, huh?! What did I ever do to you?!"

"You cheated on me with that girl from the bar! And you cheated on me with Jacob!" Eric yelled and came over to me, kneeling in front of me; his deep, smokey gray eyes stared into my hazel ones.

"You're fucking delusional! I never cheated on your ass! When I get outta these damn chains, I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you! I'M GONNA MOTHERFUCKING KILL YOU!" I screamed as more tears flowed down my face.

Eric just continued to laugh in my face and spat in my face just like I did to him on my first day here. "Now get up and eat your dog food, soldier. If you do, I'll see if I can bring someone in here to take a look at ya."

"You're sick." I growled at him as I slowly and painfully got onto my knees. Whimpering in the process, I feebly crawled toward the doggy bowls. Halfway there, Eric kicked me in the stomach causing me to flip over onto my injured back. I screamed from the agony I was in. "AHHH! YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

He then raised his foot as I begged him not to.

"Please, don't, Eric. Please stop." I pleaded as I was feeling affliction all over. "Why do you keep doing this?"

Eric shrugged his shoulders, "Why not?" He asked with an evil smile. "Alright, alright. Fine. I'll bring someone in to take a quick look at your back if you say please."

I glared at the man above me.

"All you have to do is say it. It's just one simple word."

"Please." I scoffed.

"You have to say it nicer or I'll have to punish you."

"...Please." I tried to say as nice as possible.

"I'll have someone check on your back and take a look at you. Oh, and make sure you eat. My job for today is done." He smiled as he left the cell, not without locking the door first, leaving me to drown in torment.

Hope you guys liked this chapter!
Stay safe out there 😷
Thanks for reading!
Happy New Year🥳
Love you guys❤️
-kittycatlukey :)