Chapter 35 - Terrified Hinata

With Sasuke

Sakura successfully healed him and now they were on their way to Konoha.

"This mission… I have to become stronger!" thought Sasuke. This possess blinded his mind.

"Sasuke-kun? Are you okay?" asked Sakura.

"Yeah, just that I want to thank you for my life…"

"I should be the one saying this. If it hit me, I wouldn’t be able to save myself. I would die without you."

"You are just too nice, it is my duty to protect you!" said seriously Sasuke and Sakura blushed.

"That’s why I have to become stronger, to be able to protect you! Even from Naruto!" Sasuke clenched his fists.

"You don't have to be so serious, I’m sure Naruto wouldn’t hurt me!" Sasuke laughed. It seemed weird to Sakura.

"W-why are you laughing?"

"Hahah, Sakura, I know everything! Naruto already tried to kill you, right? You are just too naive!"

"T-that’s true, but what if Hinata will change him back to good?"

"Hah, how could she when she’s already dead…" Sakura froze.

"D-dead? No! Naruto wouldn’t-!"

"Don’t lie to yourself! You don’t know him!"

"I see you've already gave up on him … Even Hinata tried to do something, but you just see him as cold-blooded killer!" Sasuke stopped. Then he touched her shoulder.

"Look, I’m just trying being realistic… Don’t be stupid, Sakura. Hinata is gone, deal with it."

"You think so low about your friend… I’m ashamed." Sakura was quiet all the way. She always wanted to be Team 7 like in the ancient times. But this dream was becoming invincible. Sasuke was thinking about ways how to become stronger. He decided to visit Konoha's library when he’ll get home.

With Naruto

All Kakuzu’s beasts were destroyed, now he has only one heart.

"How could this happen?! I should be stronger!"

"Really? Kisame said that too!" said Naruto. Then he teleported to his last heart, but Kakuzu caught him.

"You won’t escape!"

"You really think so?" Naruto burned it with Kurama’s chakra.

"Tss, I have enough of you!" Kakuzu made something big. Big enough to kill everyone.

"I know this will cost my life, but at least I will revenge Akatsuki!" Naruto smirked, but Kakuzu already started.

"Fool!" Kakuzu suddenly vanished.

"Huh? Where did he go?!" said the guy.

"Let’s just say he’s now miles away! Somewhere in the forest! Perfect funeral for him!"

"You bastard!"

"Hmm? Are you talking to me?" asked Naruto.

"Are you stupid or what? Of course I’m talking to you!"

"Well, then say hello from me to your friend!" Kakuzu’s business partner wasn’t ninja. He was just good at business.

"Wait! I’m not a ninja! Please let me live!"

"Sorry, but this won’t bring those kids back to life so hello in the other world!" Naruto killed him in matter of seconds. Blood was everywhere.

"Oh, it’s his head!" Naruto kicked it far away. His brain was visible.

"What a good feeling!" Naruto smiled. Riko was watching it in horror.

"He… he is psychopath." Hinata swallowed.

"A-at least he saved the kids, heheh," she laughed nervously. She was in shock as well.

"Okay, let’s look what we have here!" Naruto saw the boxes. He frowned.

"Bastards, Kakuzu was lucky he committed a suicid-!" Big earthquake made them fall on the ground.

"Heh, it had to be him," thought Naruto and got up. Then he looked sadly at the boxes.

"Riko, I’m sorry for your friends…" said Naruto not turning back to her. Then he went to see lasting kids.

"Yo brats! I’m Uzumaki Naruto!" Naruto handed them his hand.

"Y-you saved us?" Voice of one little boy was so scared. Riko recognized his voice.

"Kiyo!" Riko cried and ran to hug him.

"Riko! I-I thought you are already dead…" He hugged her back. Naruto left to give them space.

...

I really hope Wattpad won't delete this story, heheh... 😅😅 It's a little too cruel, I know, but it sums up Naruto nicely...