Chapter 22 - Betrayal

With Hinata and others

"Hinata, do you see him?!" asked Kiba.

"Not yet," said Hinata.

"Hinata, you have Byakugan. Did you see Naruto’s intention with that kunai?" asked Shino.

"He… really wanted to kill her."

"What?! Naruto, you bastard!" said Kiba.

"W-we don’t know if it’s true!"

"Hinata, we know you love him, but this is reality, Naruto changed," said Shino.

"I-I-I don’t love him!" Hinata was blushing hard.

"Stop lying to yourself, Naruto hates it!" said Kiba and winked at her.

"It doesn’t matter if it’s true that he has really changed."

"You shouldn’t give up so soon. Naruto wasn’t like this back then. There’s still a hope he’ll be normal again," said Shino.

"Thank you, Shino-kun," said Hinata.

"Wait, I think I found him…"

With Naruto

"Tss, they are following me for sure. I have to activate Chakra mode."

"Good choice, we don't have time to play with them all day if they are following us."

"Umm."

"... Sh*t, I feel three of them following me!"

"Who’s that?"

"It’s Hinata with her annoying Byakugan. They must have found me already! Then it’s Kiba and Shino, but they are not an issue for me!" smirked Naruto.

"Let’s show them our power!"

"You read my mind!" But then Naruto’s smirk faded away.

"Do I really want this?" thought Naruto.

"Yes, you want! Now let’s go kick their asses!"

"Right."

"I-it’s Naruto-kun, definitely!"

"Where do you see him?" asked Shino.

"I’ll definitely kick his ass!" said Kiba.

"Whose ass will be kicked?!" Naruto appeared with his Chakra mode activated.

"What’s this power?" thought Shino.

"It feels nice," thought Hinata.

"It doesn’t matter how strong you are!!! I’ll beat some senses into you!" yelled at him Kiba.

"Like you want!" Naruto smirked.

"Akamaru, let’s show him our power!"

"Heh," laughed Naruto.

"Who are you laughing at?!"

"You, fool!"

"I’m not a fool, you are!"

"Then let’s test it!" Behind Naruto appeared beetles.

"Hmm? Heh." Naruto burned them with Kurama’s chakra.

"So strong…" thought Shino.

"Now it’s our turn! Akamaru!"

"Let’s see what’s in you!" Naruto smirked.

With Sasuke

Sasuke was nervously waiting in the waiting room.

"Nii-san, you can’t leave me yet…" Suddenly came Tsunade from the operation room.

"How is Itachi?!"

"He’ll be all right. I’m sorry it took too long, but without Sakura I’m helpless here in the hospital. And Shizune has to assist me in the office."

"Sakura? She’s a medical ninja?"

"She is. She always said that she didn’t do anything in your missions with Naruto, so she wanted to get stronger."

"I see, Naruto, hmm."

"Sasuke, I know Itachi is on our side now, but he was in Akatsuki. I can’t let it be."

"And what do you want to do with him?"

"When he's healthy, I have to put him into jail. That’s necessary thing to do."

"I see."

"And how did you ran away from Orochimaru?"

"Tss, I had to kill that scum and his disgusting assistant."

"I see, you killed him."

"Isn’t that good? He was S-rank criminal."

"Of course, it's just that you have to be pretty strong now."

"I am."

"Do you think you can help the team I sent to save Naruto? I suppose Orochimaru told you about Akatsuki."

"You are wrong, Naruto is not the one who needs help."

"What do you mean?"

"When I told him I killed my master, he just laughed and said he did the same. He is one of Akatsuki."

"Wait! Jiraiya is dead?!"

"You didn’t know that? Naruto wasn’t one to talk."

"And it was Naruto?!"

"Why would I lie? He has changed, people are changing. I acted like him before I knew the truth about Itachi." Suddenly someone slammed the door.

"Tsunade-sama! Where is Danzo-sama?!" asked Sai. He found out Danzo is dead because his seal on his tongue was gone.

"Sai, what happened?" asked Tsunade.

"My seal is gone and that can only mean that Danzo-sama is dead!"

"Yeah, that’s true, I killed him or I should say he commited a suicide because of me."

"Why would you kill Danzo?!" asked surprised Tsunade.

"It was him who gave Itachi mission to kill my whole clan! I couldn't do otherwise!"

"So it was him, he already did some crimes, but I didn’t have enough proves to sent him to jail. And I’m sure he wanted to steal my position."

"So you are not sending me into jail?"

"I have something better for you! Bring me here Naruto! I know you are strong enough for that!" Sasuke nodded and went to find Naruto.