Chapter 29 - Power of love

"So? Will you fight me?"

"Be patient, I’m thinking," said Naruto.

"Whoa, Naruto and thinking, that doesn’t make any sense," thought Sasuke. Some Naruto’s memories appeared in his head.

"... Naruto, do you know what makes people strong?" asked Jiraiya.

"Power?!" asked Naruto.

"Hahah, close, it’s love."

"Love? That’s so stupid! You can’t be strong with something that doesn’t even exist-ttebayo!"

"You idiot! You didn’t read my books I recommended you!"

"It’s a trash! I can’t believe people are reading it! Kakashi-sensei too-ttebayo!"

"You little brat! My books are masterpieces!"

"Don’t lie to yourself, Pervy Sage, I hate it."

"Ahh, I should know you are too small for that."

"Then why is it love? Power seems better to me."

"The person you love makes you strong. Strong enough to save him when he’s in danger."

"Person?"

"For example your parents loved you and it was their love that was able to save you."

"But they died! That doesn’t make any sense!"

"They died, but they protected the most important thing to them."

"So that’s how it is. I think I understand it now-ttebayo!"

"Really?"

"It’s the same as my love for Ramen! I would die for him too-ttebayo!" Jiraiya face-palmed.

"Maybe you’ll understand it when you’ll be older…"

"So this is what he meant. No, this is wrong! I can’t live like this!" thought Naruto.

"So?" asked Sasuke.

"You are talking nonsense… Sasuke." Naruto then looked sadly at Hinata. He was broken, but he didn't show it. Then he dissapeared again thanks to Chakra mode. He was faster than light, so he was able to escape Sasuke.

"Damn, I wanted to fight him so badly!" said Sasuke.

"Let’s go for that stupid herb…"

"No!" said Hinata.

"No? And why is that?"

"I will change him without this!"

"You are so stupid. Hokage said that nothing else can…"

"I believe there's still a way how to get him back without this!"

"Nah, do what you want. I’m going back," said annoyed Sasuke and headed back to Konoha. Hinata followed Naruto.

"Tss, loneliness is the best by the way!"

"Am I a joke to you?"

"Sorry, I forgot."

"I hate you!"

"Yeah, yeah, I love you too."

"W-wait, Naruto-kun!!" yelled Hinata at him.

"Not this again!" thought Naruto.

"Deal with it. I’m going to sleep."

"Like I said, loneliness is the best,"  thought Naruto. Then he stopped and looked angrily at her.

"Why are you following me?! Go back home with that precious Sasuke!" said Naruto.

"I won’t leave you! I haven't given up on you yet!" said seriously Hinata.

"Hmm, really? You should because this could be your death!"

"I know that deep in your heart you don't want to kill me..."

"Tss, you don’t know anything!" Naruto turned back and continued on his way. But Hinata followed him.

"Go bother someone else! Right now you are a pain in the ass!" Hinata giggled.

"And now you are the crazy one!"

"You are funny," she said.

"Funny?" She nodded.

"No one ever told me that, wait, I know what you are trying to do!" Hinata smiled at him.

"That smile…" thought Naruto.

"Hey, stop following me! You creepy stalker!"

"If you wanted me to stop, you would be gone now," said gently Hinata.

"It’s true, I could be gone now," thought Naruto. But he didn’t do that. Somehow Hinata’s presence reassured him.

"You don’t even know where I'm going!"

"It doesn’t matter to me as long as I’m with you."

"Aren’t you little obsessed?! And I am the crazy one..." Hinata giggled again.

"Why? Why can’t she just dissapear? This doesn’t make any sense! I want to kill people! Then why can’t I kill her?! A few days ago, I could! What is different now?!" Naruto didn’t understand his thoughts.

"Are you all right?" asked Hinata.

"Shut up, I don’t need your concern-!" Naruto hit the tree and fell on the ground. A bulge appeared on his head.