Chapter 9: Gratitude

"Blake. Blake Belladonna." The girl, now revealed, just walked off, not uttering another word.

*End of FlashBack*

"BLAKE YOU BRAT." Weiss swiftly sat up, panting.

"Hey, hey, what did I do now?" Blake had seemed to be up for a while, tying her ribbon onto her uniform, adding her final touch.

"W-wait, what's going on?" The sleepy girl was curious, the last thing other than her flashback was Ruby standing outside... Or at least that what all Weiss had remembered.

Blake approached Weiss, slightly laughing to her self with each step, "Hey, you don't remember anything... do you?"

"Blake. What's going on?" the white-hair showed no humour or fun in her tone, her face displayed a stern expression.

"Damn Weiss, you were wild just a few minutes ago..." Blake smirked, "What happened?"

Weiss raised her hand, preparing herself to smack the girl. She forced all her strength and-

"Calm down, I was kidding!" The black-hair chuckled, "Don't tell me you were actually-"

"Just shut your mouth, Blake!" Weiss demanded.

*Click, click*

The bathroom door slowly opened, revealing the youngest, stepping out, fully dressed. "Hey guys, good morning Weiss! Did you sleep well?"

Weiss looked at Ruby and moved her eyes to make contact with Blake, once she did, she squinted, inferring to the curious girl that something had just happened between the two. The black-hair tightened her bow and turned, they did not have any need to converse any further she thought.

"Yes. Anyway, Ruby?" Weiss calmed herself and called out.

"Yessss?" Ruby rushed to Weiss, stepping on one of the bunk ladders where Blake had previously stood.

"When's the class?"

"Well, um. 9:00?"

"Ruby, what time is it now?"

"It's 8:57-" Ruby jumped, and had just acknowledged... Classes had a whole separate building around 5-7 minutes away.

"Well get moving, you dolt!" Weiss shoved Ruby and threw a pillow, "And pay attention, I have to study off you!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Weiss." The girl corrected in a slight tone of annoyance.

"Yes, Weiss~!" Ruby grinned widely and ran off into the corridor, leaving the ice princess with Blake once again.

"How are you going to keep your late marks to 0 at this rate?" the white-hair scoffed.

"I have my ways." Blake leapt out the window, waving to Weiss as she did so.

"Still crazy." The girl mumbled.

And now, Weiss Schnee was left in the team dorm with no one but herself. The environment seemed rather empty to her without Ruby, the girl was a loud but fun one. Quite annoying but she entertained the group, especially with the satisfaction Blake receives from Ruby's constant red face.

*Weiss's POV*

'Who knew I'd be stuck here? In the dorm!' Weiss huffed, 'I didn't leave Atlas for complete, uncalled for, solitude!' the girl kicked her legs, thinking of something to occupy her time. "Wait, crap! Why am I still in Ruby's bed?" She sat up and swiftly turned toward the ladder. "Great. Challenge of the day. And it's climbing down a bunk." Weiss was clearly pissed by the lack of aura her body contained (Aura is the shield of the body, allowing the user to heal.) The white-hair took her time, inching her foot down...one...by...one.

5 minutes passed and Weiss slumped into her bed, drained from the amount of effort and energy her body used.
"A-ah..." Still exhausted, the girl took heavy breaths, trying as hard as she could to generate her aura. 'Ozpin clearly knows more about my body than I do..."

*Ruby's POV*

"Nearly there, nearly there!" Ruby dashed in all sorts of directions, up the stairs, through a corridor, right, left, out the window.

"Hey, it's this way." an unknown but similar cold voice called out.

"Blake?" Ruby wasn't so sure where the voice came from. 'Is that-'

"Ruby, to your right."

Ruby turned to her left, and then to her right and laughed nervously, scratching her head. "O-oh, yeah! I knew that hehe-"

Blake had no more to say, so she turned and took a seat toward the back of the classroom.

"H-hey, Blake?" Ruby sat on a free space to the left of the black-haired girl.

Blake didn't utter a word, and only tilted her head toward Ruby, she moved her yellow eyes and quickly linked with silver.

"About the first day of sc-"

"Ruby Rose! Class isn't and won't be a place for complete chatter!" The professor - Professor Oobleck - yelled and went on with his lecture. Ruby sat still, staring at the desk with embarrassment.

"Ruby, you can tell me at the end of the classes, don't worry." Blake laughed, in all honesty, it sounded quite soft and angelic to Ruby.

Ruby smiled, "Well, if it's okay... can you meet me by the trees outside our dorm?" Blake grinned back and nodded in agreement.

*Blake's POV*

Blake turned her head, facing back to the professor. 'There he goes.' Blake laughed to herself, "oh professor, such a storyteller.' The girl looked and observed the classroom, it wasn't anything special, just dull white walls all around. Then she thought to herself, 'the first day of school... Hm, what happened on the first day of school?' Blake experienced a light bulb moment, and it showed in her eyes. 'Ah, hm... Introduction to Weiss?' the girl thought harder, 'oh! I saved ruby from the treacherous brat didn't I?' she rolled her eyes and smiled to herself.