Chapter 32

*Time Skip - 1st break*

Ruby, Blake, Yang and Weiss had all ended their classes - which were all in separate rooms and now it was 1st break for all the students. Aching to see her, Ruby pulled her scroll out of her blazer and texted Weiss.

'Hey :>'

A few seconds past and the little red was waiting eagerly, standing outside her classroom. Just as she nearly lost hope, Ruby heard a buzz.

'Hi.'

'Wanna meet? :))'

'Sorry Ruby, council duties.'

'Ah, oki! see you at lunch! >3<'

*Weiss's POV*

Weiss smiled at the emoticons and folded her scroll, placing it carefully in her blazer pocket. She walked out her classroom and outside the building, looking wide to side to check for people. She sighed as the coast was clear and turned, heading to the back of the school. The girl smiled as she saw the beautiful petals of pink, flowing gently across the breeze. This was Weiss's comfort zone, mainly used for mental preparation or just to ball her eyes out.

The girl walked up to the vividly colored tree and slumped against it, her head falling into her palms as her eyes watered. It had been weeks since she met Ruby and she felt as though things went too quick for her to comprehend - and it really should have for an average person. The pace had barely left her any time to even think what Ruby was to her, and it made it hard for her to interact with the girl.

Because of this, Weiss was scared Ruby would have already given up on her when she made her decision and this made her want to just take the girl for herself.

Before she knew it, Weiss's blazer was soaked by her tears, she stood and ran to the bathroom to clean herself off. The girl grabbed tissues, patting her uniform gently. Once she had done, she turned for the exit. But she caught a glimpse of the mirror and stopped in her tracks. She put her hand to her right eye.

*ring ring*

Weiss jolted and took one last look at the unknown figure as she walked off.

*Third Person and Time Skip to lunch*

On a bench by the entrance path, the ground was filled with a bright pink, trees stood tall and sturdy along the walkway. Ruby waited for Weiss's arrival. The girl sat still, fiddling with her fingers and staring at the trees opposite.

*step, step, step*

"H-haah..."

"Weiss!" Ruby smiled and waved her arms, happy to see the girl.

"Sorry I was late." Weiss smiled and sat beside Ruby, placing her lunch by the other.

The two hadn't been talking like this in a while and it reflected on how both were acting around each other. Nothing but awkward silence filled the empty air, Weiss and Ruby got their lunches out and started eating.

"So-" Both girls turned to each other and spoke in unison.

"Wait." Ruby paused.

"You go first."

"Why me?"

"Just go."

"U-uh... I was just asking what would be good to give as a present..."

"Hm, birthday?" Weiss tilted her head in confusion, and took out her utensils.

"No, just like..." the girl scratched her head, "I don't actually know why I'm giving this, hehe~"

"Well... maybe chocolate, jewelry-" Weiss fit a spoonful rice in her mouth, stopping to chew and swallow.

"Wew, wat dush bwake like?" The other didn't give a thought on etiquette, talking with her mouth full of sandwich bread.

"U-uh..." The ice princess stared in amazement but quickly stopped and cleared her throat, she wasn't that surprised from Ruby's behavior. "I mean... I don't actually know. Are you meeting her?"

The small girl gulped down on her food and smiled, "Yeah!"

"N-nice."

"Me and Blakey are getting quite close to be honest! She's really pretty talented and quiet but coool!" Ruby received a spark of realization as she had finished her blabbering, "What were you gonna say, Weissy?"

"Nothing. Nevermind." The girl turned to her food, quietly, "Y-yeah. You two seemed to be getting along quite well..."

The two continued to eat in silence, and at far different paces.

"Hey W-"

"Thanks for inviting me along Ruby. Please excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." The white-haired girl took her empty lunchbox and her bag, running down to the school building.

And out of curiosity, Ruby followed he girl's fast pace not too far behind.

A minute of following had passed and Ruby stopped for a brief second, finally realizing something wasn't right.

Weiss walked a different route, and it certainly was not the route to the bathroom.

The white-haired girl stopped by and tree and turned her back against it, slumping down and dropping her bags beside her and she covered her face. Ruby inched closer, from behind the bushes to hear small muffled sobs. Feeling puzzled and sorry, the girl emerged from behind and placed her hand on Weiss's silky hair.

"Weiss, what's up?"

"R-Ruby?"