Chapter 2: A proper Introduction.

"W-Weiss?" Ruby's jaw dropped to the floor, 'So she wants to talk to me this time? It's probably a lecture.'

"Who else would it be you dolt?" Weiss showed a face of pure annoyance which made Ruby want to turn around and leave.

"Well maybe-" Ruby tried her best to argue back, the plan was interrupted quite quickly.

"That was rhetorical." Weiss stated, 'what is she some sort of English Major?' Ruby thought to herself.

*Weiss's POV*
(Still 3rd person view, just an add on Weiss' thoughts)

'How long is she going to be this immature?' Weiss squinted and spoke "Just hush and let me get to the point." Ruby slowly nodded and shut her mouth. "I heard you wanted to speak to me, is this right?" Ruby looked as if the ice queen had read her mind. "I guess so."

"I wanted to s-"

"I have no interest whatsoever."

"I thought you wanted to-"

"Nope." Weiss interrupted every word Ruby had said rudely and it was clear to the girl.

"Let's just start over, shall we?" Ruby forced a grin and it looked like she wanted to befriend her.

"Fine. Okay." Weiss agreed with much hesitation in her tone.

"I'm Ruby Rose! Nice to meetcha!" Ruby excitedly extended her hand.

"Weiss Schnee." The white head slowly and carefully took the hand, shaking it gently.

A cherry blossom petal flew gracefully past the two and Weiss stared for a good 5 minutes, clearly submerged in thoughts. 'It's so beautiful, I haven't seen such a thing in Atlas..' The ice queen looked back at Ruby who appeared to be staring right at her. "What?"

"Oh, n-nothing.." Ruby blushed a bit, but not enough for Weiss to notice.

"I have.. business to attend to." Weiss took her first step from Ruby and turned to walk away. The younger girl quickly grabbed her hand and so she turned nearly immediately, looking straight into Ruby's beautiful silver eyes.

"W-wait..." Ruby took a 5-second pause and inhaled, "We haven't even got each other's contacts or anything.."

"I really don't have any inter-"

"Please."

Surprisingly, Weiss agreed in slight pity for the girl but abruptly realized how soft she became in those 3 minutes. She cleared her throat and proceeded to speak whilst turning back around, "Don't call me unless it's important." The girl finally walked away, with a slight hidden smile on her face.

*Ruby's POV*
(Practically as it was in the 1st Chapter)

'Yes! 1st friend down! Well done Ruby Rose!' The girl spoke to herself in her mind with her eyes closed tight and jumped around in utter joy.

*Step, Step*

Ruby paused and turned to see a young blonde boy. "Oh, h-hey."

"You look like something good just happened."

"Yes, amazing even!"

The boy laughed and held out his hand, "Jaune Arc."

"Ruby Rose, a pleasure to meet you!"

"Right back at you, Miss Rose."

"That sounds too weird, call me Ruby."

"Just returning the formalness, is that even a word?" The boy chuckled. "Are you a first-year??"

"Yeah, What... you too?"

"Yes!"

Ruby held her hand up for a high five and received it a bit too hard but the enthusiasm was fine with her. 'Hey, this is a nice dude... I want to be on a team with him for sure!' Ruby opened her mouth but was interrupted by school speakers.

"Calling on Beacon First years, please head over for your exam. I repeat, calling on Beacon First years, please head over for your exam. Thank you."

"Welp, it was nice hanging around you Ruby. Let's hope we're in the same team." The armoured boy smiled.

"You better try looking for me!!" Ruby joked around and sprinted off and over to the exam area. 'A... a cliff?' Ruby stared down at the trees as the Headmaster spoke.

"The first person you lay eye contact on will be your partner for the next 4 years. Good luck."

"W-wait, wait what?" Ruby snapped into realization, the headmaster had already said everything! The Little Red had been zoned out for the 15 minutes of explanation.

"Yo, Ruby. Good luck!" Yang whispered, getting into position.

"Oh I don't need luck, but good luck to you too sis!" Ruby snickered.