Chapter 16: Couple issues

Weiss looked down at her hands, feeling bad for rejecting Ruby's feelings even when she started it.

*Time Skip*

*beep beep, beep beep*

Three girls woke up and groaned in sync, while Ruby was up and sliding her shoes.

Weiss stared at the gloomy red in slight concern, "Hey Rub-"

"See you guys later!" Ruby interrupted and gave off a pissed I-don't-want-to-talk-to-you vibe as she swiftly walked out the dorm. Things really made an impact on the young girl and it radiated through her tone and body language.

Weiss froze and stared at the door, full of regret and shame.

"Hey, Weiss? Did something happen?" Yang walked over and sat by the white-haired girl.

"N-no. Not really." Weiss turned away from Yang and got her clothing from the side of her bed, "we have things to do you know?" Weiss smiled and walked over to the bathroom.

Yang stood and turned to Blake, "quite odd, huh?"

"Petty princess probably has something on her mind." Blake yawned and leapt out her bed, "she'll be fine, Ruby's a softie."

"Well, yeah."

The girls got themselves dressed and made their way out, with Weiss already minutes ahead. The black and yellow duo talked along the way, quite a jolly pair and it was clear to see. Although Ruby was already in class, she was stuck thinking about how Blake and Yang get along so well for polar opposites.

*Ruby's POV*

The young girl kept in thinking of endless ways to somehow make it up to Weiss but stopped herself countless times, thinking that the cold ice princess wouldn't want her around anyway. Ruby went around in loops and was practically suffocated by the amount of times Weiss popped in her mind.

*SLAM*

Ruby didn't even have to look at the door, just from the loud sounds and commotion, the girl could sense it was her team coming in. The girl didn't sit in the usual space but in the back corner instead, in hopes of not being spotted. She slammed her head down on the table rather swiftly in order for her face to be hidden, which worked quite well for a dumb plan.

The girl always had a speck of quilt every time she heard Weiss's name, she never knew how feisty she could be to the girl. Ruby raised her head and widened her eyes, 'hang on. Did I steal her first kiss at the hospital?' The girl raised her red hood over her face and squealed.

"Miss Rose, I believe now is the time for studying and not hide-and-seek, thank you." Their current Professor Oobleck sipped on his coffee and briefly continued. Ruby raised her head once again in embarrassment, as she did so, she heard small hints of laughter from all around the classroom.

Weiss looked back at Ruby's silver eyes and both girls exchanged cold but sad and lonely looks. The red girl glared and quickly looked away, which shattered the white-haired girl into pieces.

*Third Person*

"Shit... she really does hate me now... why did I do that?" Weiss mumbled under breath and rested her head on her hands.

"Weiss, she just needs a cooldown. I'm sure she doesn't hate you." Yang placed her hand on the girl's exposed shoulder.

Blake looked over to the girls beside me and rolled her eyes, "p-lease." Blake scoffed, "with the things you do to each other, she couldn't possibly dislike you."

Weiss went complete red, from head to toes. The girl couldn't focus with Ruby on her mind and abruptly stood, "Please excuse me sir, I feel quite light-headed at the moment."

"Of course Miss Schnee, I take it you know your way around the school grounds?"

"Yes, sir." Weiss cleaned her side of desk and as walked out the classroom, she shot one glance at Ruby before she eventually slammed the door shut.

*Weiss's POV*

The girl walked on until she made it out the school premises, but wasn't headed anywhere near the medic's office. She sighed and sat by a brick wall, a place where no one ever went to. Or so the girl thought.

"Hey, Hey, Hey princess. What business do you have here?" A group of guys approached Weiss and sniggered. The lone girl had no intention of socializing and gave nothing more than a cold glare. "Haha, I like you. Yo, Cardin, check out this chick!"

A young but tall boy emerged from the pack, he turned and spat on the floor. "Hm, so princess is all alone, huh?" Weiss looked away and kept her posture, "Perhaps you need a prince? I have a few things that could satisfy better than cash..."