Chapter 17: I claim her!

"Perhaps you need a prince? I have a few things that could satisfy better than cash..." Cardin smirked and pulled Weiss closer by the chin.

"And what the fuck do you think you're doing?" A feminine cold voice interrupted the group, although the tone was new, Weiss immediately recognized who called out.

"Hmm..." The tall boy turned and squinted, "Buzz off kid."

The girl grabbed Cardin by the shoulder, "Look buddy, I don't know who the fuck you are but you better back off now before I get my hands red."

"R-Ruby..." Weiss mumbled.

"Hahaha, funny. But I found her, finders are keepers." The guy patted Ruby's head and sneered, "doesn't look like she's yours, shortie."

Ruby glared into the boys eyes and smirked, "Hm, is that so? Well..." the girl stopped and radiated pride as she stepped closer, "I licked her. So she's mine."

Cardin's eyes widened, in pure shock and was clearly intimidated. "Damn, well that's too bad. C'mon boys." The guy signaled to the pack and walked off, the group made small laughter and sniggers as they left.

Ruby didn't bother to even look at Weiss and immediately started to walk back to the dorms.

"R-Ruby, Wait!" Weiss ran over to the red-head, clearly not taking caution with her heels. The white-hair tripped and grabbed Ruby by the hand. "S-shit..." The white-hair groaned and opened her eyes.

The current situation was quite awkward for the two girls.

Weiss had tripped, dragging Ruby along with her. Weiss had pulled Ruby down below her, sliding her knees in between the red girl's thighs. The pair exchanged both concerned but cold looks. Once she had realized the situation, Weiss blushed and rose to her feet. In an attempt the clean herself, the girl dressed in a theme of white and blue swiped at her skirt.

Clearly distracted, Weiss hadn't noticed Ruby's quick disappearance. But as she looked up to speak again, she scratched at her neck, the girl was clearly irritated at the girl. She had no intention of giving up on Ruby she thought, and so she ran with all the speed she could muster.

"Ruby! Please!" Weiss yelled, now with the red cloak in sight. Ruby didn't budge one inch, moving onwards and away from the White-haired girl. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Ruby turned around and glared, "Just let me be for even 2 days, is that too much to ask?"

Weiss was shattered once again, although she thought she understood the poor girl's reason, she didn't want to say anything else and so she just stood and looked down at the ground as her first love walked away. Minutes past and the world stood still. Weiss didn't seem notice the 5 minutes that flew, the girl snapped back into reality and checked her scroll.

"How long have I been here for?" The girl mumbled and walked to the team dorm. Ever step was a burden, on top of her broken friendship with Ruby. Weiss didn't even want their relationship to be a friendship, she wanted more. And then she finally realized 'I...' she stopped, 'I love Ruby.' Her realization was supposed to be a happy moment, she was supposed to smile and feel her heart flutter, but the girl felt nothing but shame. She rejected Ruby and now the young girl doesn't even want to look her in the eyes.

In just about no time, Weiss had made it to the door of her room. She opened the dorm but didn't see what she expected,

"Blake? Yang?"

"Both out." A cold voice replied.

The white-haired girl looked over behind the door to the little red sitting on her desk, book opened up and pencil in hand. Weiss remembered everything Ruby had said and immediately shut her mouth.

The two sat in silence, red studying and white lounging around. Both girls minding their own business. Minutes and minutes passed, slowly growing into half an hour in total. Weiss couldn't handle looking at Ruby without any sort of communication, the girl mustered her courage,

"Ruby?"