Faunus and White Fang explanation

Spoiler Alert, in case you haven't watched all of RWBY so far

Source: rwby.fandom.com
Faunus and White Fang Definition/History

Faunus

Faunus (singular Faunus) are one of the two intelligent races that inhabit Remnant, the other race being the Humans. While Faunus resemble Humans, they are often easily distinguishable from the latter in that they possess the traits of animals.

White Fang

The White Fang is a Faunus organization in Remnant. Founded following the Faunus Rights Revolution, the White Fang was initially a peaceful activist organization created to improve relations between Humans and Faunus and improve the civil rights of the latter.

However, in the face of continued discrimination Sienna Khan succeeded Ghira Belladonna as the high leader and the White Fang began to adopt more and more radical methods.

An extremist faction, led by Adam Taurus became a violent terrorist organization that has earned much notoriety around the world. Adam staged a coup and assassinated Sienna, taking control of the White Fang. Under Adam's leadership, their goal changed to the greater extreme of toppling Human society and putting a Faunus-ruled dominion in its place with Humanity enslaved.

The White Fang's primary enemies are Human governments, militaries and Huntsmen, as well as the Schnee Dust Company of Atlas who they have been locked with in a bloody war for years. The White Fang is first mentioned in "Ruby Rose" and is a major antagonistic group in RWBY. They served as the main antagonists of Volume 2 and the secondary antagonists of Volumes 3 and 5.