Chapter 8: Blake Belladonna

"Yes, Weiss." Ruby quickly spoke and shut her eyes tight. Not long after, the lights in the room were switched off, leaving the place in the pitch black and so Ruby had no choice but to fall asleep. The girl tossed and turned, and found it troubling to rest.

"Ruby." A voice called out.

"Y-yes?"

"Stop moving and sleep."

"Sorry..." Ruby stopped at a comfortable position and closed her eyes.

*Time Skip*

Ruby opened her eyes to darkness, she sat up and looked out the window. It was just the right time to admire the outside view, it was sunrise. Golden and colourful, the young girl had never seen such a beautiful scene. Ruby quietly stepped down her bunk bed, checking to ensure that everyone was sleep. She confirmed to herself, the coast was clear, the girl slipped her shoes on and just leapt out the window without a second thought. Ruby had been around Beacon just long enough for her to notice the layout of trees outside her dorm window, she considered herself an expert of parkour and she was proud. The young girl, still in her sleeping attire, landed right on a tree. She looked around in case anyone else was out with her and the coast was clear once again. Ruby jumped down and stopped to admire such beautiful rays. The sunrise view was even better with the trees outside, the scenery was amazing at Beacon.

Meanwhile, back in the dorm, 6-minutes after Ruby jumped outside, Weiss rose from her peaceful slumber. The time was 6:45, Weiss's home schedule sunk deep into the girl, causing her to wake up immediately as she would have done at home, quite spot on. The lessons at Beacon only start at 9:00 and so Weiss was bothered by this. On top of that, Weiss had been called off of school due to her current state. For the injured girl to keep her top grades, she was forced to study off Ruby. The young red wasn't too bad, but Weiss had higher standards, and so that pushed her to apply for Beacon.

Unable to fall asleep again, Weiss tried to stand. The girl stumbled without the support of the bed and so easily gave up, she now understood why she was told to remain in her shared room. She huffed and looked outside the window, the view wasn't the best at her angle and she tried so badly to see without standing... It didn't work. Weiss pushed herself again and gripped tightly onto the bunk ladder, she lifted her leg onto the first surface and her other to the one above. She proceeded to take her time and climb onto Ruby's bed with success, the white-hair paused in her place, trying to catch her breath, her energy had been used up because of this, it was quite unusual to the girl but she made it and that's all that mattered to her then.

Weiss looked up and out the window to discover...

"R-Ruby??" Weiss widened her eyes in slight disbelief, followed by a smack on the forehead. "O-ouch..." Weiss rolled her eyes at her stupid self, in the realization that Ruby's bed was empty when she got up.

Blake opened her eyes to the sound of a quiet, but a noticeable slap. "Weiss, are you alright up there?" the girl asked with slight concern shown in her voice.

"And since when were you ever concerned for me?"

"I thought you'd appreciate the little respect I have left for you?" Blake scoffed, "Anyway, you called Ruby... What was that for?"

"Nothing."

"You sure? Were you perhaps... having a wet dream?" the sly girl sneered, smirking right at Weiss.

"I'm not responding to such childish nonsense!" Weiss laid her head on Ruby's pillow with fury and embarrassment, staring blankly at the ceiling. Thinking back to what Blake had said a few minutes before, Weiss entered some sort of flashback.

*FlashBack*

Weiss walked around her high school grounds, quietly admiring the scenery. The girl abruptly stopped in her tracks, spotting a black-haired girl silently reading. Weiss stood still, examining the person that sat by the tree.

"You mind maybe not staring?" the yellow pair of eyes moved slowly on to Weiss for just about 2 seconds.

"What, do I not have the right to look at people?"

The girl laughed and stood, "I didn't say that princess." she paused, "but I'd rather not have a creep looking at me."

"The only creep here is you! Do you know who I am?" Weiss straightened up and crossed her arms, clearly radiating her pride and arrogance.

"Hm... Let's see." the yellow eyes let go of the contact and examined Weiss, "I say...typical rich brat."

Weiss went red with fury, smoke produced out of her ears. She clenched her first and took a deep breath, once she cooled down, she gave off an arrogant-looking smirk. "Actually, it's Weiss Schnee. Future heiress of the Schnee Dust Company." the girl gave a hair flick and placed her hands on her hip, she was a typical brat.

"Nice, goodbye." Weiss opened her eyes in realization, the girl hadn't even been paying attention to a single word she said.

"H-hey!" Weiss chased after the unknown person.

"Hm? Does bratty princess want a better reaction?" she turned to face the so-called 'brat' and mocked. "Oh my gosh! I didn't know! Please spare me, have mercy!"

"Who even are you?"

"Blake. Blake Belladonna." The girl, now revealed, just walked off, not uttering another word.