Chapter 40

Weiss had found herself falling deeper in her love for Ruby, not for just her duality or sexual tension but because of her realization of all the things she fights for. One of those battles being for Weiss's love and affection.

*3 week time skip, Spring Break*

Weiss sat quietly, scribbling down on a book, humming quietly. The girl had put her earphones in, piano classics blasted full volume.

"Ah, shit... no, it was 1976..." The heiress huffed, stretching her arms to the eraser. Silence fell down on the dorm, as the rest of the team slept peacefully. The clock had barely passed 5 am, and Weiss sat studying hard. Legs crossed shut, arms flat on the table and eyes glued to her tower of textbooks

"Mmm... Weiss?" The youngest groggily lifted her body, groaning and rubbing her eyes.

No answer.

"Weiss."

Once again, no answer.

"Weiss what the in the actual heck are you doing! It's not even 5!"

The room was raised in volume, just to be dropped down into silence once again Ruby slowly reddened with inner rage.

Weiss hummed peacefully and she looked back and forth, eyes pointed left to right. Time was ticking, with no sort of response from the ice cold girl whatsoever. Within every second, Ruby had grown a stronger urge to just jump on her. Although luckily enough, she often used her own tricks such as 'suck it up and don't go ablaze.'

But was she really lucky?

One second passed.

"F-Fuck, Ruby!"

"I could've done worse if you didn't have those earphones in..." Ruby pouted, her silver eyes shining despite the lack of sunlight.

Weiss leaned back in her chair. Let's just say... they were in an awkward position. Literally.

"Shit, guys... it's not like we have some sort of special school to wake up to before 5..." The blonde beauty sat up, stretching her tanned, powerful arms.

"Well you do, at 7 at least." Blake sternly glared at Yang, leaning down from the bunk.

"Oh, whatever do you mean?"

"Cut it, Yang."

"Cold, much?"

"I can't with you right now. Just get dressed."

"But why??"

"Not my fault you spent 99% of Professor Port's lecture, scrolling through random bikini chicks."

"Jealous weren'tcha?"

"I will leave you, and cancel all plans for the week if you keep this up."

"GAH, THAT'S TOO FAR KITTY CAT!"

Weiss and Ruby were speechless. The older two really battled out like a couple, so much that it felt genuine.