78

BANG ... BANG ... BANG

Charlotte and Mal turn over to look at each other while trying to get their bearings and determine where the noise is coming from. 

"Babe, it's the door; someone's banging on the door." 

"GO AWAY!" Charlotte yells out, causing Mal to laugh. 

The banging starts up again, and Mal slides out from under the covers, reaching down to collect a shirt and shorts to put on before answering the door. 

Mal looks at Mackenzie and Carol standing there looking at her and backs up to let them in before heading into the bathroom. 

"Who is it, Mal?" 

"Your favourite sister and Mom." 

Charlotte lets out a groan, "Why are you here so early?" 

"We wanted to spend time with you before heading to the airport. Now, get up." Mackenzie pulls back the covers exposing a very naked Charlotte underneath them. "KENZ!!" Charlotte pulls the covers back over herself. 

"It's not as if we haven't all see your naked ass before, now get up!"

Charlotte turns to look up at her Mom and gives her a pout face, "Mom, Kenz is being mean to me." 

Carol smiles and laughs, "Make you a deal; how about you and Mal meet us in the lobby in half an hour, and then we can grab breakfast together. That should give you enough time to make yourself presentable and for me to lecture your sister on giving the two of you champagne last night." 

Charlotte laughs, "Sounds good, Mom." 

Carol turns to face her older daughter, "Let's go, Mackenzie."

Mackenzie follows their Mom towards the door, sticking her tongue out her as she does. She hears Mal laugh, "I sometimes wonder which of the two of you is the older, more mature one." 

"That's easy, Kenz is older, and I'm more mature. So, you up for breakfast with them?" 

Mal shrugs, "If I must." 

Charlotte pulls her into her, "You must, I don't think I can handle them alone." 

"Babe, they're your family." 

"And will eventually be yours as well or have you forgotten that?" 

Mal kisses her cheek, "I could never forget that. Get cleaned up, I'm going to get dressed." 

After meeting up with her Mom and sister, Charlotte and Mal make the short walk with them to a restaurant for breakfast and mostly coffee. 

"So, Mal, you looking forward to getting back to Washington and playing?" 

Mal takes Charlotte's hand and squeezes it, "Yes and no. I can't wait to get back with the girls, but it's going to suck being away from C.J. until she finishes her term." 

Charlotte leans over and kisses Mal's cheek, "Love you." 

"Love you, too." 

Carol smiles at them both before taking a big drink of her coffee. 

"What's on your mind, Mom?" 

"Just thinking about how proud your father would be of the two of you and who you've become." 

Charlotte and Mackenzie softly smile and nod at each other. 

"Okay, before we get all mushy in front of a bunch of strangers, topic change; when am I scheduling my flight to come and  see you in Cali?"