76

After spending the majority of the day enjoying the beach, Mal and Charlotte head back to the hotel with their teammates to get cleaned up for supper. 

Mal is stopped in the hallway by a group containing Kelley, Emily and Sam and asked if she would like to join them in checking out a restaurant recommended to them by the local players. 

"Can I check in with C.J. first and let you know?" 

"We're leaving in five." 

"Okay, I'll be right back." Mal knocks on C.J. and Tierna's door and it's opened by Tierna. She lets Mal in and then continues with getting herself ready to go out. 

Hearing the water running in the shower, Mal debates before entering the bathroom and announcing her presence.

"Babe?" 

"You decide to join me after all?" 

Mal lets out a laugh, "Unfortunately, not. I know you were planning on doing school stuff, is it okay if I go out for supper with some of the girls instead of just watching you work?" 

Charlotte pulls back the curtain, "Should I be concerned about your choice of companions?" 

Mal smiles, "You pull that back anymore and I might be tempted to join you and skip supper all together." 

She hears Charlotte let out a laugh before responding, "Babe, go and have fun with the girls; I'll see you afterward. Love you." 

"Love you, too. Bye Babe."

Mal heads back out into the hallway and the group, "Just let me grab my stuff and we can go." 

"No, Charlie?" 

Mal shakes her head, "She's planning on spending the time working on school stuff."

"She sure spends a lot of time on her computer doing school stuff." Mal looks at Emily as she says it. 

"And that would be the reason she's an All-Academic with a near-perfect GPA, can you say the same about your time at UVA, Sonny?" 

Emily shakes her head causing them all to laugh. 

"Then I strongly suggest you don't bring it up again." Mal gives her a stern look.

"Okay, then, so we getting food or what?" 

They all look at Kelley before waiting for Mal to collect her stuff and then heading out to make their way to the restaurant.

While Mal is enjoying spending time with the group, Charlotte isn't working on her school assignments, just yet anyway. She messages and finds that Andi is still at the hotel and asks if they can speak for a few moments. She gets a message back from the former Cardinal that she will stop at her room on her way out. 

Charlotte props her door and awaits her arrival. When she does it's alongside a very familiar pairing in Tierna and Jane. 

"What's up, Charlie?" 

Charlotte looks at them, "I need this to stay between us, okay? Promise me." 

"Spill, I'm hungry." 

Charlotte looks at the tall blonde keeper, "And you weren't invited, so you can leave." 

Jane starts laughing at her before sitting on the end of the bed. 

"I'm proposing to Mal." Charlie blurts out and they all look at her. 

"We all figured that was coming, when, where and what do we need to do to help? As I'm assuming that's why you asked me to come and meet you while Mal is out."