47

Charlotte and Mal sit on the couch wrapped in each other and making out when there is a knock on the door.

"Baby, that's gonna be Alana, we need to stop."

Charlotte leans forward and pecks Mal's lips, "I don't want too."

"I know, but we can pick up where we left off after she leaves."

"Promise?"

"How about we finish out today with a bath together?" Charlotte smiles and nods.

There is another knock on the door and Mal stands up, walking over and letting in her girlfriend's teammate and roommate.

They hug at the door, "Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving, Lan." Charlotte and her hug.

Alana looks around and laughs, "Let me guess, Mal was in charge of the decorations?"

Charlotte laughs, "Yeah, and she waited until the last minute to get stuff, so we're stuck with rather sad looking turkey decor."

"It's all good, it's kinda cute actually and I wouldn't expect a group like ours to be on the ball, when it comes to that kind of stuff. So, I brought an apple pie for dessert."

"YES!" Charlotte pipes up from accross the room. "Is there ice cream?"

Mal laughs and nods as she looks at Alana, "Great now she's gonna want to eat dessert first."

Alana looks at her and smiles, "Doesn't she always?" 

Mal laughs, "Oh, boy and then there was two. Seriously though I hope you brought your appetite because C.J. has been cooking up a storm today." 

"I'm sure Charlie is more than willing to eat everything she made and unlike us she won't even put on any weight."

"Yeah, she is kinda like a bottomless pit when it comes to food and it ticks me off sometimes that she doesn't put on weight."

They chat for a bit before the timer on the oven goes off and Charlotte gets up to check on things, before pulling a dish out of it.

"That smells so good, what are we having?"

"I didn't want to cook an actual turkey, cause that would take forever, so I went and found a recipe online for bacon wrapped turkey breasts stuffed with spinach and feta."

"Well, if they taste anything like they smell, that's definitely a win in my books."

Charlotte finishes dishing out their supper on the red and brown paper plates before placing them on the table in front of the girls.

Alana snaps a picture of their supper and posts it on Instagram before setting her phone down and picking up her can of La Croix, "We should have a toast and maybe say what we're thankful for."

Charlotte raises her can, "How about we toast to friends, family and the dumbass who created the flight schedule making it impossible for us to go home for the weekend."

"C.J.!"

"What it's true!"

Mal shakes her head and laughs, "We could have went to my parents including Lan, but you chose to stay here."

"Yeah, because I always feel like the eyes are on me around your family."

"My family loves you, C.J. you know that."

"I do, but, we can't exactly be loud when we're there because well.."

"Children can we settle this discussion afterwards and preferably when I'm not here and toast now?" Alana says while still holding her can in the air.