90

Charlotte smiles at Mal, and they hold each other. "I'm going to miss you, Mally." 

Mal looks at her and smiles, "I'm gonna miss you, too, C.J., but don't worry, I've got the girls to help look after me."

Charlotte smiles, "I know. I still can't believe that Andi was left off of the roster for the friendlies." 

Mal nods, "Yeah, it was definitely a bit of a surprise, but she's okay with it, as she needs a bit of a rest, and it'll give her time to go and visit Drew."

They embrace a bit more before there's a knock on the bedroom door, "Charlie, time to go." 

"I'll be right out, Sulli." 

Charlotte moves a few stray hairs away from Mal's face and kisses her, "Be good, while I'm away and work hard in rehab, I wanna see my girl back on the pitch." 

"I will. You be good as well, and don't forget to message me when you get to the hotel." 

"Love you, Mal." 

"Love you, C.J." 

They share a final kiss before Charlotte collects her luggage, and they make their way out of the bedroom and into the living room. Charlotte takes in the sight of their two roommates chatting and laughing, Rose laying on the couch and Andi standing over her and looking down. 

"Rose, Sulli?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Look after my fiancée, okay?" 

Rose smiles and nods, "Good luck, Charlie." 

"Thanks, Rosie."

"Don't worry. I'll make sure she eats real food while you're gone." 

Charlotte smiles and laughs, "Thanks, Sulli." 

After saying their final goodbyes and exchanging hugs, and in Charlotte and Mal's case, a few more kisses, Charlotte makes the trek to the airport for her flight to Utah. 

On the flight, Charlotte takes her laptop out and reviews her emails and social media, looking to see if there is any mention of her and Mal's engagement anywhere and much to her relief, there isn't. Everyone at the engagement party was asked to refrain from posting any pictures or tags that would indicate why they were celebrating and so far so good from the looks of it. 

When Mal goes out for her appointments, she tends to turn her ring inward, so the stone isn't so visible to others around, and even though her ring arrived before she left Washington, Charlotte has yet to wear it outside of the apartment, and for the moment it's safe with Mal. 

She scans the internet for the latest gossip about J.C. Glass and finds that it seems to have died down, for the time being, something that she's sure will change the closer they get to the release of Revelation and the movie trailer.

Looking at the folders on her screen, she decides to open the one she knows contains "One Small Step, Two Deaths" in its working stage and reviews what she has already written. Unhappy with the character development in the early stages, she goes back and changes around a few things before adding a bit to the story. 

Before she knows it, she feels a hand on her arm and a signal that the plane is nearing landing. She saves her progress, shuts down and then tucks her laptop into her bag. Looking out the window and seeing her surroundings, she feels the excitement and nervousness fill her. 

Disembarking the plane, she goes through the process and collects her luggage before making her way into the main airport, unsure who will be waiting there to meet her. She smiles when she sees a couple of familiar faces looking at her and walks towards them before dropping her bags.