33

The next morning Charlotte and Ashley head down for their team breakfast and then video session afterwards in advance of the game later on that evening. 

Watching the replays on the screen and seeing their lapses from the first game highlighted doesn't really help their egos but it does help to identify areas in need of improvement for the next match, mainly their defensive marking and coverage.  

Charlotte's goal comes up on the screen and they play it through then back it back up and break it down step by step. 

"Ladies watch how Ash draws the German defenders to her while Charlie slips coverage and makes herself available for the pass and shot on goal. This is what we like to see, the awareness of each other's movements and subsequent response leading to a goal, keep communicating out there and good things will happen."

Michelle continues to go through different plays and breaking them down, Charlotte sees a replay of herself turning over the ball and cringes with the realization that it ultimately led to a German shot on goal. She makes a mental note not to let that happen again, she gave up too soon on the play. 

They are dismissed and most of the players opt to head back to their rooms for a nap or to relax for a bit before they have something more to eat. 

Charlotte leads Ashley out of the hotel to an awaiting car, "In the back Sanchez." 

Ashley looks at her and sees smiling so she does as Charlotte says. "What's happening? Where are we going?" 

"I'm breaking you out; Finn is taking us back to my apartment to hang out for a bit, Mal should be home soon from training and I thought it would be good to hang with my besties." 

Ashley gets out of the car when they park, "So, you're the famous Finn, that Charlie is always talking about huh?" 

Finn laughs, "She talks about me?" 

"Yep, how her friend Finn is some sort of computer genius at Duke."

"I wouldn't say I'm exactly a genius but I guess I'm pretty good with them." 

"So, Finn, how exactly have you managed to put up with Charlie for all these years?" 

"When we were younger there was a group of bullies at our school who weren't very nice to either of us, we bonded over our tears and have had each other's back ever since. Charlie is my best friend and I would do anything for her, except maybe anything illegal because well, look at me I'm too hot to be behind bars." 

Ashley laughs, "I see you have the same inflated opinion of yourself as Charlie does." 

Charlotte turns back, "Are the two of you done with the measuring act?" 

Finn laughs, "Yeah, you're right Charlie, she definitely is bigger than me." 

Charlotte lets them in the apartment and they grab seats and chat and once Mal gets home, she joins them. 

After a few hours and grabbing a small bite to eat, Finn drives Charlotte and Ashley back to the hotel so they can rest for a bit before game time. 

Laying on their beds in the hotel, they make sure the alarm is set before allowing themselves to close their eyes and drift off for a short time. 

Once the alarm goes off they each go about completing the process of getting dressed and packing their bags for the game before making their way down to the lobby and then climbing aboard the bus for the trip to the stadium.