63

After having breakfast together and then doing some sightseeing as a group, the US players are given the remainder of the day off to recover and enjoy some chill time during the busy tournament schedule.

After checking in with Mal and her Mom, Charlotte gets changed and heads down to join a large group of her teammates sitting in loungers poolside.

Laying back with her eyes closed she is enjoying the moment, listening to the girls laughing and splashing in the pool while others listen to the blasting music and have conversations.

"Yo Charlie! I need a partner for volleyball."

"Make a friend, Sanchez, I'm busy."

She hears laughing and then screams out as water is dumped on her, "I'm gonna kill you, Ash!"

"You'll have to catch me first!" Charlotte chases after her and they both eventually end up jumping in the pool, splashing each other. Eventually, they join forces and dominate the volleyball game, at least in their heads they do; in reality, not so much.

Sitting back down and allowing the rays of sunshine to dry them off, Charlotte and Ashley down their bottles of water along with a plate of food poolside.

"Feels so good to have a day off."

"Definitely, my body and mind were needing it. Ash, can I ask your advice on something?"

"That depends if it's school-related, not a chance that's more your area than mine."

"It's not about school. I have all these ideas bouncing around in my head about the how, when and where I should propose to Mal and I can't decide what I really should do. I want it to be something special and that she will never forget, but I don't know where to start."

"Do you guys have anywhere special you like to go together?"

"Not really, we're both kinda homebodies. I need there to be a WOW factor and not just wow, you know?"

"I get it, but, you do realize she will say yes, no matter how you do it." 

"I know, it's just I need it to be perfect."

"Mal's going to be heading back to Washington soon, right?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Charlotte looks down at her hands.

"Is there someplace there, that you could pop the question? Maybe someplace that means something to you guys?"

"Possibly, I'll have to do some serious thinking about it though. But, ooooo, I do know something."

Charlotte stands up and takes off leaving Ashley behind mumbling to herself, "Thanks for the help, Ash." "You're welcome, Charlie."

Ashley hears laughing and realizes that she has been caught talking to herself in front of her girlfriend.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I just came to check on you before we left for our game. You weren't answering your phone. Should I be concerned that you are talking to yourself?"

"No, I'm fine. Charlie just left me hanging. Let me grab my stuff and I'll walk with you out."

They duck into a corner in the hallway and share a quick kiss before, Jessie joins her Canadian teammates and boards their bus.

Ashley waits until the bus departs before catching the elevator back up to the US floor and then walking down the hallway back to her and Charlotte's room.

Opening the door, she finds Charlotte with her head buried in her computer and talking to someone on the phone, she overhears the words "Ring Pop" and is drawn into the conversation.