96

Charlotte comes into the living room where her Mom and Grams are sitting enjoying some tea laughing her head off. 

"What's so funny?" 

"Papa wants to test out how magnetic my ring is, so he's collecting supplies. I told him they most likely wouldn't work and that just because I was wearing it I wasn't now a human magnet but he is insisting on trying it out." 

Her Grandmother stands up and shakes her head, "If you'll excuse me, I need to go check on something in the garage." 

Charlotte and her Mom laugh as they watch the door open to the house garage and then hear her Grandparents having a rather loud discussion. Charlotte sits down on the couch beside her Mom, "So what were you and Grams talking about?" 

"She isn't happy about her barely outta diapers Doctor suggesting she no longer drive due to her eyesight. If she would have had the surgery a few years ago they would have never gotten as bad as they are now." 

"So, what you're saying is that I should seriously consider getting my eyes zapped if they get any worse." 

Carol nods, "But, look at it this way, perhaps if we let Papa do his tests on you then maybe you won't need the lasers to do it."

"Not funny, Mom." 

Carol laughs, "Yeah, it kinda was. How about we go and check on those two; it's gotten pretty quiet out there." 

"Sounds good."

They head out to the garage and can't help but smile when they see the two seniors sharing a hug and a quick kiss. 

"I hope Mal and I are still as much in love as Grams and Papa are when we hit their age."

Carol reaches her arm around her daughter's waist and pulls her in, "I've no doubt you will be. Now, your sister, on the other hand, that's another matter. I don't think she wants to settle down anytime soon." 

"Finn was thinking about asking her to move to Duke with him." 

"Really?" 

Charlotte nods, "Yeah." 

"Charlotte, dear, can you come here, please?" 

"Yes, Grams."

Charlotte makes her way over to where her Grandparents are and nods when she's asked to help her Papa clean up his mess.

After spending a good portion of the day at her Grandparent's house and enjoying every minute of it, it's bittersweet when Charlotte and her Mom need to hit the road in order to get home before it's too late. 

Charlotte holds her Papa tightly, "I promise, that I'll send you an email with the names of those books we were talking about if you promise, no more inventions or creations in the meantime, deal?" 

Her Papa rolls her eyes and smiles, 'I'll do my best, but, there's only so much daytime television I can watch before I need to do something with my hands and mind." 

"Then learn how to knit, or crochet or do some crosswords or sudokus, something that keeps you out of trouble and Gram's doghouse." 

"But getting out of the doghouse is all part of the fun." He smiles at her as he says it and she bursts out laughing. 

"Love you, Papa." 

"Love you, Charlie."

Charlotte hugs her Grandmother and tells her that she loves her before she and her Mom hit the road back to Massena.