95

As Charlotte sits in the plane making her way back home, she can't help but feel lost without having Mal with her. She looks down at her phone and pictures of them together and smiles before putting her head back and relaxing for the short flight home. 

Upon landing at Ogdensburg International Airport, she stands and waits for her suitcases to make their way down the belt towards her before making her way out the usual meeting point and awaiting Finn's arrival. 

"Hey, there superstar!"

Charlotte's face lights up when she sees her best friend and moves towards him to share a hug. 

"I'm glad you're home. I need some advice about Kenz." 

Charlotte looks at him, "It better not be bedroom-related advice." 

Finn laughs, "No. I want to get her something before I head back to Duke and I'm not sure what to get." 

"Something? As in clothes, book or jewelry?" 

"We both know that Kenz has enough clothes to open her own store and that she doesn't read anything unless it pertains to a certain author or celebrity or perhaps her sister. I was thinking of getting her something simple, like maybe earrings?" 

Charlotte smiles, "I can help you with that." 

"You're a lifesaver, Charlie!" 

They head towards Mackenzie's car, which apparently Finn was allowed to borrow for the occasion and place Charlotte's belonging in the trunk. 

"So, are we making a stop on the way home?" 

"Is that even a question needing to be asked?" 

Finn laughs, "Nope! And don't worry Kenz is hanging with friends after her appointment and your Mom doesn't expect an appearance until supper." 

"Then to the ice cream shoppe, Finnegan!" 

As they sit eating their double scoops, Charlotte and Finn get caught up on things including the current status of his and Mackenzie's relationship. 

"So, spill the deets. I need to know what's going on between you and my sister." 

"We're having fun together." 

"What does that mean?" 

"It means that unlike you and Mal, where it was a given that you would end up together, we're still figuring out things. It's difficult when you live in a small area where everyone knows you and it becomes gossip the fact that you're now together." 

Charlotte nods, "I get it. I'm still the gay soccer player. Have you tried a change of location? I mean, you're not living in the dorm this year and there's nothing stopping you from asking her to move to Durham with you is there?" 

"Do you think she would go for it?" 

Charlotte smiles, "I would if I was her. Kenz can work from wherever and I'm sure my Mom would enjoy having the house to herself." 

Finn smiles and nods, "I'm going to ask her." 

"Good, now get licking, because you're dripping big time!"

Ring ... ring

"Uh oh, I forgot to call Mal when I landed." 

Finn laughs, "Better take it."

Charlotte answers the call, "Hey, beautiful." 

"Hey. Are you okay? You didn't call like you said you would."